Anyone with a factory two tone roof ?

PetesPonies

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dad's had a candy apple red roof on a maroon base from the factory. You can see a pic of it on this page: About Me/Trucks I Have Known/Dad's Truck - Overview.

But it appears to be all maroon in the pics. I see red in the upper jamb. I need to see the tape, how many lines were used, size ,etc. I believe I know how it was done lower on the body, but haven't found any pics that show the separation for the roof.

But it appears to be all maroon in the pics. I see red in the upper jamb. I need to see the tape, how many lines were used, size ,etc. I believe I know how it was done lower on the body, but haven't found any pics that show the separation for the roof.

Good point - I forgot that it was repainted all maroon. But they didn't paint the door jambs. There wasn't any tape in the jambs, but you are probably asking about outside where the two colors met just below the nameplate in this picture.

1505742.jpg.bd74255da749f5c01c38816fca0285e0.jpg

You might be able to find it in the tape stripe info on page Specifications/Tape Stripe Codes/F-Series Tape Stripe Codes. Those images aren't the best, so if you see you that you need cleared up I may be able to do a better job getting it out of the catalog.

Good point - I forgot that it was repainted all maroon. But they didn't paint the door jambs. There wasn't any tape in the jambs, but you are probably asking about outside where the two colors met just below the nameplate in this picture.

You might be able to find it in the tape stripe info on page Specifications/Tape Stripe Codes/F-Series Tape Stripe Codes. Those images aren't the best, so if you see you that you need cleared up I may be able to do a better job getting it out of the catalog.

I'm surprised the jamb was even painted by ford . .many two tones are not. yes the outside where the two colors meet. I'l check the link.

I was looking at the tape stripe info in the link, and it looks like Dad's truck would have had Type 1. But I didn't understand which color of tape. However, the info in the Literature/1981 Literature/1981 Truck Facts Organizer on the F-Series tab helped - Coral/Bright Red/Dark Red:

Thanks again. So it would have been a three color "redish" stripe, coral/bright red/dark red.