Bullnose Forums

Extremely clean '82 short bed

You are right, that thing is clean I don't see any rust or dents.

And it is a York or Techumseh compressor, so it probably has factory A/C. Nice wheels as well.

But Gary, isn't it supposed to be mounted on the other side? And didn't they switch to the other type of compressor in '82?

IMG_4823.jpg.48c0f2ce65b6a97d7cb8ec20abd766e5.jpg

(My comparison pic of a 1981 straight six with factory air)

Maybe they decided to run two compressors for double AC this is Phoenix we are talking about 😁

I don't think so. I've seen them just like this before when I was looking how to mount a compressor for my '81. Can't remember where, but I'm pretty sure it was a parts drawing online somewhere. I don't recall if I've seen one in the JY. Is the firewall a factory AC version? Curious if it could have been a dealer add on, or maybe production lines did it different vs another location?

Where's Number Dummy when you need him??

I don't think so. I've seen them just like this before when I was looking how to mount a compressor for my '81. Can't remember where, but I'm pretty sure it was a parts drawing online somewhere. I don't recall if I've seen one in the JY. Is the firewall a factory AC version? Curious if it could have been a dealer add on, or maybe production lines did it different vs another location?

Where's Number Dummy when you need him??

Numberdummy is in a hotel room in OKC, enroute to a Ford truck show somewhere near me. :nabble_smiley_whistling: