Bullnose Forum

Hi All

4eyes

Thanks for adding me to the forum. I purchased this '85 Dually from California and plan a complete rebuild.

0614181732_HDR.thumb.jpg.75ba9b7e66b5d42ab916439ab80416ab.jpg

The truck previously had a Cummins engine swap but no drivetrain came with purchase. It originally was powered by 460/auto combo.

I'm gathering information and parts now. This project will be a lengthy one. But well worth saving a unique, piece of Bullnose history.

I look forward to sharing this journey with this group.

Thanks,

Chris

I've located a pair of correct Dually fenders and taillights.

That would be the first thing I'd be doing too!

Great looking truck. I love it. I don't really have a use for such an animal, but I'd still love to have one, and as a rule I love duallies anyway.

Ā 

Welcome! That is a unique and cool truck, and Iā€™m glad you are saving it šŸ™‚. What drive train do you intend to put in? Where are you located?

Thanks, I'm leaning toward an IH DT466 with Eaton 6 speed swap. The simplicity, if there is such a thing, of a mechanical injection set up should allow for easier maintenance.

I've located a pair of correct Dually fenders and taillights.

That would be the first thing I'd be doing too!

Great looking truck. I love it. I don't really have a use for such an animal, but I'd still love to have one, and as a rule I love duallies anyway.

I'm also a Ford Fox Body enthusiast. What better way to transport cars long distances than a period correct hauler?

I picked these fenders up. The blue one's much thicker than the red/white one. I'm guessing it's either aftermarket or damage repaired.

Screenshot_2018-10-05-01-11-12.png.d8571eb96514a79ffa2f1f775e299d85.png

Screenshot_2018-11-16-07-36-44.png.33a07a237e65b40332c34e94f2b31c71.png

I'm also a Ford Fox Body enthusiast. What better way to transport cars long distances than a period correct hauler?

I picked these fenders up. The blue one's much thicker than the red/white one. I'm guessing it's either aftermarket or damage repaired.

Welcome! Glad you found us! :nabble_anim_handshake:

And that is a cool project. It will be a beast.

Thanks, I'm leaning toward an IH DT466 with Eaton 6 speed swap. The simplicity, if there is such a thing, of a mechanical injection set up should allow for easier maintenance.

Wow!... wow... a DT466 is an impressive undertaking. The DT360 was one option that I looked at for my crew cab, but the 466 was/is ~way outside of my fabrication skill level to make it work. The New Holland 6.6 and 7.8 were also appealing, but would require deleting the cross member as well. I am really interested to see what you do... and I share your opinion on mechanical injection.