Bullnose Forums

Ignition module leak?

neoniacin

Interesting. I’ve had a couple of them leak sand like granules that surround the components beneath the resin, but I’ve never seen liquid leak out of one. Definitely replace it, I’ve never heard of anything the causes modules to fail other than just an old or faulty part.

Interesting. I’ve had a couple of them leak sand like granules that surround the components beneath the resin, but I’ve never seen liquid leak out of one. Definitely replace it, I’ve never heard of anything the causes modules to fail other than just an old or faulty part.
I think it is the resin because the “leak” is hardened. It is like it got super hot to melt it then cooled off after it ran a bit.

Replacement is on the way. 

I hope you will post a pic of the backside of that ignition module once you remove it.

There is nothing liquid inside the module and I don't think there is anything that will liquefy with heat.

Is it possible that there is a hole in the inner fender underneath the module that would allow liquid to collect between the module and the inner fender?

I hope you will post a pic of the backside of that ignition module once you remove it.There is nothing liquid inside the module and I don't think there is anything that will liquefy with heat.Is it possible that there is a hole in the inner fender underneath the module that would allow liquid to collect between the module and the inner fender?
I will take it off tonight and see what the underside looks like.

The “leak” isn’t wet to the touch. It is hard like plastic. Looking back at some pictures of the engine bay show this has spread over time. I could see a little bit of the “leak” in the corner of the module when I first got the truck. Just didn’t notice it.

Would it be advisable to replace coil too?