Bullnose Forums

Spare Tire Mount

He seems pretty firm at $50. Let me know!

Hello, thank you.

I was deciding what I wanted to do and realized it's mounted in the front of the bed.

I have a tool box there, so I was thinking of mounting a tire in the back. Sorry, it won't work for me.

Anybody else?

Again, thank you!

Hello, thank you.

I was deciding what I wanted to do and realized it's mounted in the front of the bed.

I have a tool box there, so I was thinking of mounting a tire in the back. Sorry, it won't work for me.

Anybody else?

Again, thank you!

Mine mounts in the rear, behind the wheel well. But now that you mention it, it does not look like the illustration from the MPC. I will have to look at it when I get home to see if it has any “Ford” type markings on it. Mine may be aftermarket. I assumed it was original but I never put much thought into it.

I had planned to mount it ahead of the wheel well if the tire would fit there on a short bed... but it’s looking like the floor is beveled and I may need one of the ones shown in the MPC if I want to do that... I guess we will see.

Mine mounts in the rear, behind the wheel well. But now that you mention it, it does not look like the illustration from the MPC. I will have to look at it when I get home to see if it has any “Ford” type markings on it. Mine may be aftermarket. I assumed it was original but I never put much thought into it.

I had planned to mount it ahead of the wheel well if the tire would fit there on a short bed... but it’s looking like the floor is beveled and I may need one of the ones shown in the MPC if I want to do that... I guess we will see.

F834 - The third illustration is the factory in box carrier. It fits in the left front corner. Short box had the 1A457 to lift it high enough to clear the fender.

F834 - The third illustration is the factory in box carrier. It fits in the left front corner. Short box had the 1A457 to lift it high enough to clear the fender.

Good to know... only thing I wonder is what size tires can mount on it. I’m going to be running 235/85/R-16’s (31.72” diameter). It will be on my short bed crew cab F350. I don’t know that that mount is designed to handle.

Good to know... only thing I wonder is what size tires can mount on it. I’m going to be running 235/85/R-16’s (31.72” diameter). It will be on my short bed crew cab F350. I don’t know that that mount is designed to handle.

It would be plenty strong, I don't know how big of a tire will fit.