Bullnose Forums

Greetings

Hstrymkrs

I have reaquired a 1985 Ford Bronco that I hope to restore to function. It has the inline 6, and if all goes well I will start the disassembly tomorrow. I bought it in 1998 when I returned home from being stationed in Germany. It was by far my most favorite vehicle and I was impressed with its towing capabilities. I had to sell it in 2002 when the family started growing and it became less practical for raising young children. The good news is that I sold it to my father.

We have worked out a deal, and he is bringing it up to Kentucky from Georgia tonight. I appreciate people like yourselves who enjoy learning and sharing your knowledge. I know that I will learn a lot from you all. I will update my data once the truck is here and I can get the transmission identified and the rear end, etc. Thank you all in advance.

Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Sure glad you got your own Bronco back. That's cool!

I assume you know, but just in case, you can decode the certification label here: Specifications/Certification Label. From there you can click on the links to determine what transmission and rear axle it has.

Thanks, Gary. There is so much that I don't know, that it is hard to claim to know anything. The data plate on my Bronco, which just arrived about an hour ago, is faded and is unlegible, so I have no idea about the date. I can get the VIN off the dash, but that is all. I will have to crawl underneath it tomorrow and get the transmission, transfer case, and the rear end numbers.

Thanks, again.

William

Done. But there's no big problem. I can delete this post, your last one, and your response if you want.

I am not bothered by the extraneous posts. The good news is that I tried to read my Certification label with a black light, then I had my wife put it in Photoshop to adjust the color spectrums. Now it is mostly readable, and I have the VIN from the dash board.

Here is the original

IMG_20181112_200648438.jpg.26033b03b07644aa47447edbdbee37c8.jpg

Here is the reworked label

Bronco2.jpg.6d6d4e6ce878cad20ea36baa03b8c127.jpg

:nabble_anim_claps:

I am not bothered by the extraneous posts. The good news is that I tried to read my Certification label with a black light, then I had my wife put it in Photoshop to adjust the color spectrums. Now it is mostly readable, and I have the VIN from the dash board.

Here is the original

Here is the reworked label

:nabble_anim_claps:

Yippee! That worked really well. :nabble_smiley_good: