Bullnose Forums

headliner / no headliner.

PetesPonies

For the sides, trim made of metal and held on with clips, there are rectangular holes cut into the inner sheet metal into which the spring clips are placed.

The back window has a similar piece of trim along the top held on in the same fashion, with plastic liners running the length of the B pillar and encompassing the upper seat belt assemblies.

Same thing for along the windshield, trim held in place with clips.

I have several older trucks and know how they were done. wasn't sure about the Bullnose since many things starting being plastic.

The A-pillar trim is plastic and ties the windshield and door trim together, but the windshield, door, and back glass trim is metal.

No need for pictures then?

The A-pillar trim is plastic and ties the windshield and door trim together, but the windshield, door, and back glass trim is metal.

No need for pictures then?

Always willing to see it. The older trucks had trim specifically for the purpose of holding the headliner. It did nothing else. So you are saying the the trim that is at the glass, also holds the headliner. That is like the 80s Rangers as well, makes sense.

Always willing to see it. The older trucks had trim specifically for the purpose of holding the headliner. It did nothing else. So you are saying the the trim that is at the glass, also holds the headliner. That is like the 80s Rangers as well, makes sense.

Here are some shots from Big Blue, which originally had a headliner but it was so gross I took it out.

DSCN2549.thumb.jpg.43cf1950daeb7c107123034bd954a515.jpg

DSCN2553.thumb.jpg.5bd5ab99c75f630017c722c0b549064c.jpg

DSCN2550.thumb.jpg.33e579438e9822f049fc48f43cff46c6.jpg

DSCN2551.thumb.jpg.d58053894dc68e9d8d76f5ec6dd4c6f7.jpg

DSCN2552.thumb.jpg.aefa4467161df3e2ae6ad87f154e7cae.jpg

If you pull that strip off (above the door) you see this:

IMG_4299.jpg.db8469ccd594133f44aedaf0f3ef69e1.jpg

The round hole in the middle has a plastic T clip that essentially holds the cardboard in place while you install the rest of the interior molding. The rectangular holes receive the spring clips for the metal strip above the door.

Here are some shots from Big Blue, which originally had a headliner but it was so gross I took it out.

Since mine is a base, it doesn't have the full corner trim going up vertically. Just the small part that covers the belt assembly.

inside_belt.thumb.jpg.ce871efaaa858ee1146570e99b7e8c9b.jpg

Which makes sense . . the lower end didn't have the headliner, therefore didn't have the trim to hold it up. So if I'm adding a headliner I'll have to procure some trim :)

Since mine is a base, it doesn't have the full corner trim going up vertically. Just the small part that covers the belt assembly.

Which makes sense . . the lower end didn't have the headliner, therefore didn't have the trim to hold it up. So if I'm adding a headliner I'll have to procure some trim :)

I think you'd have to replace that with the fill corner trim in order to have a completely trimmed headliner.