Bullnose Forums

Flareside bedsides on Ebay?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...nevermind...a friend found them for me...clearly keener than I am...lol.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-1987-OEM-RH-UNFINISHED-STEPSIDE-BEDSIDE-PANEL-F100-250-E0TZ-8327840-B/111625344446

Interesting, but not matter what I try, I cannot find that Ebay listing using any kind of searches...even with the ad number or whatever it is...nothing.

The link works just fine (which a friend sent me) but no way will it show up in any searches. Odd.

Interesting, but not matter what I try, I cannot find that Ebay listing using any kind of searches...even with the ad number or whatever it is...nothing.

The link works just fine (which a friend sent me) but no way will it show up in any searches. Odd.

So I ordered left and right panels today. I had a chat with a guy at Dennis Carpenter, and they only had about 10 sets left (well, 9 sets now I guess). They are actual NOS Ford OEM panels...it's just that they weren't finished. They need stake pockets spot welded on, and the 4 extension panels that hang below the floor. Oh...and the fender bolts...they would have also been included with the original Ford complete side panel.

He says they're absolutely rust free, and the staining shown in the pics is the oil preservative that is dried on them.

I was going to repair the ones I have (on both Flareside beds I have) but nice brand new panels with not so much as a ding in them anywhere for $149 each was hard to pass up. Mine are fixable, but they need a lot of hours welding.

Anyway, I'll let you know how they turn out.

PS: For whatever reason, these particular Ebay ads are blocked outside the US...I tested them today. I don't care...but it makes me wonder what else I'm not seeing in my searches.:nabble_smiley_cry:

So I ordered left and right panels today. I had a chat with a guy at Dennis Carpenter, and they only had about 10 sets left (well, 9 sets now I guess). They are actual NOS Ford OEM panels...it's just that they weren't finished. They need stake pockets spot welded on, and the 4 extension panels that hang below the floor. Oh...and the fender bolts...they would have also been included with the original Ford complete side panel.

He says they're absolutely rust free, and the staining shown in the pics is the oil preservative that is dried on them.

I was going to repair the ones I have (on both Flareside beds I have) but nice brand new panels with not so much as a ding in them anywhere for $149 each was hard to pass up. Mine are fixable, but they need a lot of hours welding.

Anyway, I'll let you know how they turn out.

PS: For whatever reason, these particular Ebay ads are blocked outside the US...I tested them today. I don't care...but it makes me wonder what else I'm not seeing in my searches.:nabble_smiley_cry:

Strange that adverts would be blocked. Anyway, hope these work out well. :nabble_smiley_good:

Strange that adverts would be blocked. Anyway, hope these work out well. :nabble_smiley_good:

Curious if the fender holes in the panel are the same pattern from the '70's to the '80's since the '70's were rounded sheet metal and the '80's were boxy-squared off fiberglass.

Hopefully the pattern is the same...……..

Curious if the fender holes in the panel are the same pattern from the '70's to the '80's since the '70's were rounded sheet metal and the '80's were boxy-squared off fiberglass.

Hopefully the pattern is the same...……..

They are different. They said that you can use the panels on the 1979’s trucks but that you’d have to drill all new holes for the fenders. These ones fit the bullnose only but apparently the sheet is the same.

They are different. They said that you can use the panels on the 1979’s trucks but that you’d have to drill all new holes for the fenders. These ones fit the bullnose only but apparently the sheet is the same.

Sweet! I'm in!

• 2 weeks later...