Bullnose Forums

MC 2150 need advice.

Oh and yes the accelerator pump is functioning correctly + it doesn't matter in this particular scenario imo .I could be wrong, it happens often :nabble_smiley_cry:

Sounds like your problem is a worn out throttle shaft. I don’t know if there is a fix for this other than replacing the carburetor.

Well, you raised a question in my mind: Is the poor running while the engine is in transition between one RPM, say idle, and another RPM? Or does it continue to run poorly with the throttle cracked open that 1/8 - 1/4"?

Just want to make sure I understand.

Gary it continues to run poorly at the 1/8" movement of the throttle, once you pass that point it's pretty good .No stumbles from that point on. It actually runs well at cruise, passing gear or kickdown, no other issues really other than that spot or location of the throttle when it's at that point or location .I can screw the curb idle screw down enough to make it die or manually via by hand or foot peddle . It's just that spot plain and simple .I don't know how else to describe it.

I concur!

I am a little late to this because my internet has been extremely strange since around the 1st, it would go out off and on then usually completely go out about sundown. I think it is fixed now.

I would try disconnecting the vacuum advance hose, if this eliminates the problem, I would try applying vacuum to it with the engine running, if it is not in the carburetor then it will still act up, I would check the reluctor for chipped edges and check the continuity while applying vacuum. I have seen bad pickup wires cause this exact problem (I have seen it on breaker point systems too).

I am a little late to this because my internet has been extremely strange since around the 1st, it would go out off and on then usually completely go out about sundown. I think it is fixed now.

I would try disconnecting the vacuum advance hose, if this eliminates the problem, I would try applying vacuum to it with the engine running, if it is not in the carburetor then it will still act up, I would check the reluctor for chipped edges and check the continuity while applying vacuum. I have seen bad pickup wires cause this exact problem (I have seen it on breaker point systems too).

Good point, Bill. I saw something similar on Eli's truck at the GTG a few years ago. If he connected the vacuum it would die. Paul was quick to say it was the pickup in the coil, and it was. As the vacuum pulled the plate around the wires shorted.

Good point, Bill. I saw something similar on Eli's truck at the GTG a few years ago. If he connected the vacuum it would die. Paul was quick to say it was the pickup in the coil, and it was. As the vacuum pulled the plate around the wires shorted.

I had a Cadillac years ago in the shop, same thing, a little throttle and it would die, stand on it and it would jump. Primary wire was bad, wiggle it just the right way and it would die. I kept GM, Ford and MOPAR stuff on the shelf so I didn't have to wait to get a part from the dealer.

Will do sir, at this point I'll try anything!

Thanks for guiding me towards another possibility of the problem!