Bullnose Forums

No Parking Lights in Rear and no Blinkers?

kristopherdb

I don't understand "Still no parking light but just on the back". Are you saying that you have parking lights in the front but not in the back?

The blinkers and the park lamps use the same bulbs, but different filaments in the bulbs. So just because one filament works doesn't mean the other should. Maybe you have two bad bulbs?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand "Still no parking light but just on the back". Are you saying that you have parking lights in the front but not in the back?The blinkers and the park lamps use the same bulbs, but different filaments in the bulbs. So just because one filament works doesn't mean the other should. Maybe you have two bad bulbs?
That’s correct. My tail lights mind mine are the step side ones come on when the brake is applied but do not come on when I pull the headlight switch out one click. These ones do work though. Image-3.thumb.png.fb57e4c2466f22121148488344cad8eb.png

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 4:31 PM

Subject: Re: No Parking Lights in Rear and no Blinkers?

To: kristopherdb <redacted_email_address>

I don't understand "Still no parking light but just on the back".  Are you saying that you have parking lights in the front but not in the back?

The blinkers and the park lamps use the same bulbs, but different filaments in the bulbs.  So just because one filament works doesn't mean the other should.  Maybe you have two bad bulbs?Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads, Weiand intake, Street Demon 750/ZF5/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/T19/3.55's

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/No-Parking-Lights-in-Rear-and-no-Blinkers-tp1413p1444.html

To unsubscribe from No Parking Lights in Rear and no Blinkers?, click here.

NAML

Assuming that the tail lights don't work either, I'll bet that both bulbs have blown filaments.
Oh the same bulb has two different filaments. I get it now. I wonder if I bought the wrong ones. I had proactively replaced the bulbs. 

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 4:54 PM

Subject: Re: No Parking Lights in Rear and no Blinkers?

To: kristopherdb <redacted_email_address>

Assuming that the tail lights don't work either, I'll bet that both bulbs have blown filaments.Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads, Weiand intake, Street Demon 750/ZF5/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/T19/3.55's

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/No-Parking-Lights-in-Rear-and-no-Blinkers-tp1413p1447.html

To unsubscribe from No Parking Lights in Rear and no Blinkers?, click here.

NAML

The tail/brake lights should be 1157's, which have two filaments and staggered pins so they can't be put in incorrectly. The one-filament bulbs are 1156's and if I remember correctly they have the pins even with each other as it doesn't matter how they are put in.

Another possibility is a bad ground, which do really weird things that boggle the mind. But let's see if the bulbs are good first.

The tail/brake lights should be 1157's, which have two filaments and staggered pins so they can't be put in incorrectly. The one-filament bulbs are 1156's and if I remember correctly they have the pins even with each other as it doesn't matter how they are put in.

Another possibility is a bad ground, which do really weird things that boggle the mind. But let's see if the bulbs are good first.

ok i took out the bulb turned on the parking lights and put a meter across a pins and the surround and got nothing, cleaned the connector double checked the 1157 and still nothing

ok i took out the bulb turned on the parking lights and put a meter across a pins and the surround and got nothing, cleaned the connector double checked the 1157 and still nothing

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Did you check voltage from each of the two pins of the tail light socket to a known ground? Or just voltage from the pins to the outside shell of the connector? If you didn't have voltage from either pin then you either have a wiring problem or a ground problem. You should try again from the pins to a known-good ground. Perhaps to a long wire run from the battery's ground? That way you can determine if it is a ground problem or a wiring problem.

Also, have you checked that the bulbs are good? Like checked for resistance from both solder spots to the shell?

There are 2 pins in a 1157 bulb socket; one is for the parking lights (brown wire) and the other is for the stop/turn lamp. Test each pin uniquely to a known-good ground, e.g. unpainted body sheet metal, a wire direct to the battery negative terminal, the truck frame would work. Don't trust the body of the socket, its connection to ground may be bad or broken.

There are 2 pins in a 1157 bulb socket; one is for the parking lights (brown wire) and the other is for the stop/turn lamp. Test each pin uniquely to a known-good ground, e.g. unpainted body sheet metal, a wire direct to the battery negative terminal, the truck frame would work. Don't trust the body of the socket, its connection to ground may be bad or broken.

I just had to straighten out a wiring mess in the rear of my F250.

I would get the front and the left rear parking lights. No right or license plate lights.

Found a bad connection where the parking lights were tied in to the trailer plug.