Bullnose Forums

No Parking Lights in Rear and no Blinkers?

kristopherdb

What happens many times with these switches, is the two halves of the diecast metal, start to separate . . . . . causing all kinds of interesting possibilities . . one bad one being fire :(
Ok I put in a new wiper switch and bam 99% of my lights are back to normal. I had pulled two from the junkyard today thank god. The first had the same pins and a ground wire but didn’t work. It seemed like it had delay built in maybe, I was hopeful at least. The other switch got me back in business. Image-3.thumb.png.2b9ea6db14f757ff9120726026e07c3d.png

From: PetesPonies [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Friday, September 22, 2017 4:42 PM

Subject: Re: No Parking Lights in Rear and no Blinkers?

To: kristopherdb <redacted_email_address>

What happens many times with these switches, is the two halves of the diecast  metal, start to separate . . . . . causing all kinds of interesting possibilities . . one bad one being fire  :(Pete's Ponies

Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside

1983 Bronco

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/No-Parking-Lights-in-Rear-and-no-Blinkers-tp1413p1963.html

To unsubscribe from No Parking Lights in Rear and no Blinkers?, click here.

NAML

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you got it working! But you said 99%. Dare I ask what isn't working?
License plate light and one reverse light. 

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2017 5:25:36 AM

To: kristopherdb

Glad you got it working!  But you said 99%. Dare I ask what isn't working?Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads, Weiand intake, Street Demon 750/ZF5/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/T19/3.55's

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/No-Parking-Lights-in-Rear-and-no-Blinkers-tp1413p1971.html

NAML

Glad you got it working! But you said 99%. Dare I ask what isn't working?
I bought this to help me Image-3.thumb.png.93e930bf32713891624a97e3ea01e256.png

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2017 5:25:36 AM

To: kristopherdb

Glad you got it working!  But you said 99%. Dare I ask what isn't working?Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads, Weiand intake, Street Demon 750/ZF5/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/T19/3.55's

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/No-Parking-Lights-in-Rear-and-no-Blinkers-tp1413p1971.html

NAML

That EVTM will be a big help. You can see the same thing on here, but there's nothing like having something to carry with you when working on the truck. 👍

As for the last two lights, I'm guessing it is the bulbs. Obviously you have power back there or the other backup light and license tag light wouldn't work. So it could be wiring, bulb, or ground. Try the bulbs first.

• 2 years later...

That EVTM will be a big help. You can see the same thing on here, but there's nothing like having something to carry with you when working on the truck. 👍

As for the last two lights, I'm guessing it is the bulbs. Obviously you have power back there or the other backup light and license tag light wouldn't work. So it could be wiring, bulb, or ground. Try the bulbs first.

Interesting thread

Out of curiosity, why Did a New wiper switch help on Parking lights?

Best regards

Christian