Bullnose Forums

Aeronose A/C conversion

I don't know about 95 but i remember seeing on the FTE forum someone had taken the whole ac off a 94 and just dropped it in. Didn't even disrupt the gas in it. Trying to find the thread but am coming up short.

I'm considering it myself when my r12 system finally gives it up.

I converted Darth, the R134a condensor mounts differently than the old R12 one. if you can get the whole underhood system, the R134a evaporator is also larger. The inside has a better blend door that will close off the heater core completely in the full cold position. The end result even in a crew cab with a 460, it will freeze you out in the summer.

I converted Darth, the R134a condensor mounts differently than the old R12 one. if you can get the whole underhood system, the R134a evaporator is also larger. The inside has a better blend door that will close off the heater core completely in the full cold position. The end result even in a crew cab with a 460, it will freeze you out in the summer.

So i need a heater

box from a 92-96 to put its evaperator on?

I don't know about 95 but i remember seeing on the FTE forum someone had taken the whole ac off a 94 and just dropped it in.

I had no idea this was even possible, but maybe I'm misunderstanding...

You guys are talking about a conversion to put the 90's AC system in a Bullnose that had factory AC, correct? An AC to AC conversion?

This isn't so simple if the Bullnose (like mine) did not have AC, right?

I don't know about 95 but i remember seeing on the FTE forum someone had taken the whole ac off a 94 and just dropped it in.

I had no idea this was even possible, but maybe I'm misunderstanding...

You guys are talking about a conversion to put the 90's AC system in a Bullnose that had factory AC, correct? An AC to AC conversion?

This isn't so simple if the Bullnose (like mine) did not have AC, right?

subscribed from the "NorCal is 20 degrees hotter than it was 36 years ago" crowd.

So i need a heater

box from a 92-96 to put its evaperator on?

No necessarily, it is just a better design, I think even the coffin nose (1987-91) is an improved design as far as the blend door. Everything bolts on the same way as long as the bullnose had either A/C or the factory dash vents so the ducts are there.

No necessarily, it is just a better design, I think even the coffin nose (1987-91) is an improved design as far as the blend door. Everything bolts on the same way as long as the bullnose had either A/C or the factory dash vents so the ducts are there.

On Darth did you transplant the entire heater/AC box from a 92+ truck? And it bolted into the Bullnose dash? I get that you are saying it isn’t necessary but I’m wondering if it’s possible and if that is what you did.

On Darth did you transplant the entire heater/AC box from a 92+ truck? And it bolted into the Bullnose dash? I get that you are saying it isn’t necessary but I’m wondering if it’s possible and if that is what you did.

I did, because I had a complete system from a 1996 F150 5.0L. I used the compressor and found a compressor set that would work, but later found a 7.5L set at Pick-n-Pull. It all bolts right in, biggest change as far as installing is the wiring harness changes.

On a Bullnose the front and dash harness are the same and to put it in simple terms, it starts at the right headlight and battery and ends at the left headlight. Coffin Nose models have a split harness, underhood and dash with a large round plug. Aeronose there are two rectangular plugs, a big one for the underhood harness (12A581) and a smaller one for the rear harness (14405). Dash harness is 14401.

With these, the A/C harness is a separate piece that comes through the top of the blower inlet housing along with the vacuum supply and recirc door vacuum. This is approximately where the Bullnose vacuum harness comes through. All the fastener locations are the same so no cutting or drilling was needed.

I did, because I had a complete system from a 1996 F150 5.0L. I used the compressor and found a compressor set that would work, but later found a 7.5L set at Pick-n-Pull. It all bolts right in, biggest change as far as installing is the wiring harness changes.

On a Bullnose the front and dash harness are the same and to put it in simple terms, it starts at the right headlight and battery and ends at the left headlight. Coffin Nose models have a split harness, underhood and dash with a large round plug. Aeronose there are two rectangular plugs, a big one for the underhood harness (12A581) and a smaller one for the rear harness (14405). Dash harness is 14401.

With these, the A/C harness is a separate piece that comes through the top of the blower inlet housing along with the vacuum supply and recirc door vacuum. This is approximately where the Bullnose vacuum harness comes through. All the fastener locations are the same so no cutting or drilling was needed.

Good info, thank you. Were you able to keep the Bullnose HVAC controls or did you have to use the later one?