Bullnose Forums

Wheel Color

The Wheel page (Driveline/Wheels) says that a 1986 Type 5 wheel came in either white or Bright Argent.

But, what is Bright Argent. Ron/Reamer found this in a thread here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/For-those-needing-the-quot-Argent-quot-color-for-the-grill-and-headlight-buckets-I-have-the-answer-td8210.html. I don't know if that would be Bright Argent.

And also in that thread I found the #'s for a paint Ford called Argent.

Does that help?

The Wheel page (Driveline/Wheels) says that a 1986 Type 5 wheel came in either white or Bright Argent.

But, what is Bright Argent. Ron/Reamer found this in a thread here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/For-those-needing-the-quot-Argent-quot-color-for-the-grill-and-headlight-buckets-I-have-the-answer-td8210.html. I don't know if that would be Bright Argent.

And also in that thread I found the #'s for a paint Ford called Argent.

Does that help?

Yes it does thanks a bunch.

I bought a can of Motorcraft argent spray paint hoping it might be a good match for the silver on the XLS bezels. Turns out it looks nothing like the bezels, and looks nothing like the argent used on the grilles or headlight doors either. But it ~does look like the finish on the wheels in your picture. David gave me a set of those wheels and this paint has the same slightly charcoal hue and metallic flakes as the wheels. I don’t have a side by side comparison, but if you google the part number you will see it referred to as wheel paint on some web sites and I’m betting it’s correct for our 80-86’s.

1A36DF8B-CDA5-4715-BD3E-28D8D1CCF93B.thumb.png.5e42a606f88c55073acb2a9604a22508.png

AB7BEAE6-6DB4-453E-9FAA-A7C71493957F.jpeg.ed9845e384d15f149826a7ec308cad2f.jpeg

59D3F45E-E9D6-474A-892A-6BD63E81B9E8.jpeg.1d03362fcce6af7ac301151e20dbc1cf.jpeg

I bought a can of Motorcraft argent spray paint hoping it might be a good match for the silver on the XLS bezels. Turns out it looks nothing like the bezels, and looks nothing like the argent used on the grilles or headlight doors either. But it ~does look like the finish on the wheels in your picture. David gave me a set of those wheels and this paint has the same slightly charcoal hue and metallic flakes as the wheels. I don’t have a side by side comparison, but if you google the part number you will see it referred to as wheel paint on some web sites and I’m betting it’s correct for our 80-86’s.

Hmmmm, where to document what we find on paint???? Suggestions?

Hmmmm, where to document what we find on paint???? Suggestions?

Gary, the seat-of-my-pants navigation intuition would be under “Exterior” since I tend to think of paint color as an exterior feature.

However, in terms of the existing layout it is probably best grouped with the paint codes under “Specifications” since that is where you have the color charts.