Bullnose Forums

CAPTAIN SMALLS/STUBBY

Not long ago someone posted a similar one that was, I think, in the Pacific North West. I did some quick math about what the cost of fuel would be to get it back given that top end was something like 35 MPH. It would cost about what the truck cost. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But, it would be cool, albeit not very useful. Single cab and essentially no bed. Worst of all worlds, but still cool!

Not long ago someone posted a similar one that was, I think, in the Pacific North West. I did some quick math about what the cost of fuel would be to get it back given that top end was something like 35 MPH. It would cost about what the truck cost. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But, it would be cool, albeit not very useful. Single cab and essentially no bed. Worst of all worlds, but still cool!

I've seen them show-up like that when they're retired from airport use. Some of them were shortened to carry staircases around.

I'd like to see the driveshaft in it!

I've seen them show-up like that when they're retired from airport use. Some of them were shortened to carry staircases around.

Ha! The rear driveshaft in my Bronco is 23 3/8"! With a double cardan joint. Bet this one is short. I was around some of these when I was in the Air Force Reserve. Think I drove one a time or two. Also think we had some Chevys like these.

Ha! The rear driveshaft in my Bronco is 23 3/8"! With a double cardan joint. Bet this one is short. I was around some of these when I was in the Air Force Reserve. Think I drove one a time or two. Also think we had some Chevys like these.

I dare say that the thing has absolutely zero rear suspension travel...lol.

Axle is likely mounted directly to the frame? There'd be nowhere to mount leaf springs. Maybe flat rubber blocks or something.

I dare say that the thing has absolutely zero rear suspension travel...lol.

Axle is likely mounted directly to the frame? There'd be nowhere to mount leaf springs. Maybe flat rubber blocks or something.

Yeah, not built for comfort!

When I was in the Marine Corps we had "tugs" to move the helicopters around. Heavy things. We use to get going then on and off the throttle and that front end would bounce!

What a bunch of meatheads! Here's a picture of one.Tug.jpg.8a0cffd5013cd86b5b868be179ed859e.jpg