Bullnose Forums

Interesting Error In Factory Literature

Today on FB someone asked a question about the engine compartment light and I posted a link to the '85 EVTM that says that all the courtesy lights, including the engine compartment one, are served by Fuse 8.

But someone else posted a pic from a factory wiring which said that said those lights are served by Fuse 7. :nabble_anim_confused:

So I pulled out all 7 of my EVTM's, and they all say Fuse 8. And then I looked at all 4 of my factory wiring diagrams (the '81 and '84 I have in paper form, and the '85 and '86 I have on here) and all of them agree that it is Fuse 7.

But everyone agrees that the courtesy lights are served by a light green/yellow wire. And here's the front of an '82 fuse box I have in the attic, with my thumb at the #8 position, and #7 is directly left of that, as shown here in the '85 EVTM: (That pic absolutely REFUSES to rotate correctly. :nabble_smiley_argh:)

1982_Fuse_Box_Front_Rotated_Twice.jpg.0df381eb45373015ea3a4abd51c12c78.jpg

Well, I wonder what's behind that fuse box?

Inked1982_Fuse_Box_Back_LI.thumb.jpg.f54fb50eada2d64ca5250a06710f6674.jpg

Guess what? The light green/yellow wire goes into #8's position. The EVTM's WIN!

But wait, there's more! The wiring diagrams are right as well. How? Because they call the same fuse spot two different #'s. EVTM's call the spot #8, and the wiring diagrams call it #7. Go figure. :nabble_anim_confused: