Bullnose Forums

Chrome grill [E3TZ-8200-G] - NOS

Oh, the joys of having a catalog that got altered over time. :nabble_smiley_uh:

Notice that E3TZ 8200-G is correct only for 1983-86 trucks. But, it replaced E3TZ 8150-F, which shows to have been the 1982 chrome grille. However, it wasn't the original chrome grille in 1982 - not with a 1983 engineering number of E3. Obviously the catalog was altered at some point, which I could prove if I wanted to by firing up the "microfiche tower" - which I don't want to do.

Chrome_Grille.thumb.jpg.ce0c2d84ae37927ab52b214335e2f7bf.jpg

Oh, the joys of having a catalog that got altered over time. :nabble_smiley_uh:

Notice that E3TZ 8200-G is correct only for 1983-86 trucks. But, it replaced E3TZ 8150-F, which shows to have been the 1982 chrome grille. However, it wasn't the original chrome grille in 1982 - not with a 1983 engineering number of E3. Obviously the catalog was altered at some point, which I could prove if I wanted to by firing up the "microfiche tower" - which I don't want to do.

Sometime, long ago, in another world [forum], NumberDummy stated that after a certain date, the replacement grill for any of the 1980 - 1986 trucks was the one from '83 on.

Sometime, long ago, in another world [forum], NumberDummy stated that after a certain date, the replacement grill for any of the 1980 - 1986 trucks was the one from '83 on.

Yep. That's what the star means - the earlier one is no longer available, so they had to go with the later one. Don't know the difference, but there must be a difference.