Bullnose Forum

bullnose from France

ryan beck

hey there 

I'm Mickael, from France, owner of a 1986 lariat 4x4 since 2 years now.

I ve already owned a 2014 ford Mustang from Canada (sold) and a 1969 Mercury cougar 

1626551668119.thumb.jpg.eb4a554c8f1aa1a73496cdc4c6691146.jpg20220522_121734.thumb.jpg.eca9fc14603bb8752b03eda9aeb2c5d4.jpg

I really enjoy my pick-up from Oregon, pretty solid body,  need a repaint though(just like the Forza horizon 5 picture😁20240305_160813.thumb.jpg.e443a6eb1d68adabcd54320d676d75cd.jpg

cons: fuel consumption 35l/100km ( approx 6.7mpg) and pretty harsh ride.

looking for tips to improve those two little cons

I ve already changed the full exhaust, water pump and radiator, renewed the interior (need a seat cover or a reupholster of the bench seat)  and few other things

IMG_20241025_191137.thumb.jpg.8c59f4a0fce79f310193f81e4facf060.jpg

I was already sneaking the previous forum but now I want to be a part of it despite the fact I don't have a lot of time to spare on internet 

cheers from France.

20221213_162653.jpg

Welcome!  Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

nice looking truck. 👍

What part of France?  I ask because we have a map, which you can see in the menu at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map, and we can add you with a city or postal code.

I also ask because I’m curious.  A year ago my wife and I were in Alsace, and next year we’ll be in Paris and in Burgundy.

hey there Gary, I'm close to Lyon, name of the village is FARNAY 42320

alsace is a very beautiful and pleasant part of France despite the bad weather 😅

burgundy? I don't know this place.

maybe you mean Bordeaux ? Aka the french wine region?

if you want to visit the Lyon county, feel free to DM me, I would be glad to help you.🤙

Edited by ryan beck

Sorry, Burgundy is what we call your Bourgogne region. We will spend two days in Beaune, one of which will be spent driving a 2CV through the countryside.

Then later we will get on a boat in Lyon and casually make our way down the Rhône to Arles, stopping along the way at several places.  Not sure what we will do this time in Arles, but one time we watched a bull fight - with a flower between the ears and no blood involved. 

I’ll get you on the map in a bit, but I do know where you are. 😉

thank you Gary!

driving a 2cv would be a lot different but also very typical!

hope you ll enjoy it.

of you take a rest in Lyon, I would enjoy help you visiting the town, especially the old Town, it s so beautiful and you can eat good french food here 😉

when is your trip? 

July, august 2025?

2 minutes ago, ryan beck said:

when is your trip? 

Thanks for that offer!

We arrive in Lyon on Thursday, March 27th on a TGV from Paris, although we don't know exactly which one yet.  Our boat doesn't leave until Saturday, but there are some scheduled tours on Thursday and Friday.  However it looks like we might have time Thursday or Friday afternoon to sit at a café and talk, walk around, etc.  Would one of those afternoons work for you?

19 hours ago, ryan beck said:

alsace is a very beautiful and pleasant part of France despite the bad weather 😅

Bienvenue Mickael!

Si tu trouves que le temps est mauvais en Alsace, viens vivre un peu au Québec:  des pointes de 35°C (et humide) en été et de -35° (et humide aussi) en hiver.

Sans compter les satanés moustiques.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

En ce qui me concerne toute la France est un véritable Jardin d'Eden!

Beau camion! :nabble_anim_claps:

• Like 1