Bullnose Forums

'84 Bullnose with Bricknose 5.8?

Best clue seems to be the alternator. Looks to be later than the 2g found in the bricknose.

Actually, looks like something I would try to do!

I thought the lettering on the EFI intake looked like Bricknose era...

I mean, it's supposed to be carbed.:nabble_anim_confused:

Best clue seems to be the alternator. Looks to be later than the 2g found in the bricknose.

Actually, looks like something I would try to do!

I thought the lettering on the EFI intake looked like Bricknose era...

I mean, it's supposed to be carbed.:nabble_anim_confused:

The EFI'd 5.8L didn't happen until well after the Bullnose era ended. And that's a 3G alternator, which happened in the 90's.

I wonder if its actually an 86 EFI that someone did some mods to? Could it be he has the wrong year listed? I mean we are assuming he's correct on the year...so...

Wasn't it only the 302 that was EFI in '86? I thought the 351 didn't go EFI until 87 or 88 no?

I wonder if its actually an 86 EFI that someone did some mods to? Could it be he has the wrong year listed? I mean we are assuming he's correct on the year...so...

Wasn't it only the 302 that was EFI in '86? I thought the 351 didn't go EFI until 87 or 88 no?

I don't know. I assumed there was EFI available across the board. I'm probably wrong then. I usually am when I assume something.

I don't know. I assumed there was EFI available across the board. I'm probably wrong then. I usually am when I assume something.

The 1986 brochure says the engines were: 4.9L, 5.0L EFI; 5.8L HO, which has the Holley 4bbl; 7.5L 460 w/a Holley 4bbl; 6.9L diesel.

And that upper plenum on that engine says 5.8L EFI, and that didn't happen until well after the Bullnose era - but I don't know when.