Bullnose Forum

She’s a beat up rescue!

Ron McElwee

On 10/14/2024 at 7:00 PM, Ron McElwee said:

I had mixed feelings about putting the toolboxes back on.

Question, would you happen to know the make of those tool boxes?  They look just about what I'm looking for on my rig.

Hello Sid, I took some pics for you. I have seen a few different makers of these, usually turned around with a toolbox behind the cab. These are Tradesman boxes. My only beef with the standard cab is you need these. Good luck with your search. 

IMG_1507.jpeg

IMG_1508.jpeg

IMG_1497.jpeg

welcome.

there is nothing wrong with an old rescue. my ranger f250 camper special is a rescue. I'm NOT changing the exterior! not even the bullet-hole in the hood. haha. I am going to repair the rusted floor pan though.

I’m thinking the same Mat, as long as she’s somewhat solid and reliable this truck should outlast me. I’m working my way through the laundry list of issues that I know of, however, today I came across a hidden vacuum leak and an exhaust leak. Every single bolt tightened seems to make her happier and the scars tell a story. lol!

i build trucks to be strait and shiny and fun to drive and I end up driving the junk. it is absolutely senseless! I love doing this and love showing the finished product but then hop in a rusty old truck. but i try to only have one frame off going at any one time. I try! I have been known to have two. 

20 minutes ago, mat in tn said:

it is absolutely senseless!

No it makes perfect sense to me.

I am most comfortable driving a beat up truck. I drove my wife's 2024 yesterday the 2nd time ever and I was so scared the whole time that I would get it banged up or if someone approached me too close.... When I drive my beat up "METAL" trucks and I see a jackass behind me tailing me close I always tell myself "if thats what you want by all means" :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Edited by viven44