Bullnose Forum

She’s a beat up rescue!

Ron McElwee

This is my ‘85 F150. I got her from an unnamed friend who removed parts for no reason other than to torture her. She was covered in 3 different colors of primer, the hood, inner fenders and wipers were gone. Lights didn’t work and she had the job of hauling trash. She was a terrible mess. I received her in trade for work I did. She has the awesome 300/4 speed with 2WD. This is the third version of the Ford model. My first was a 1969 F250 Ranger 2WD with the 390/4speed combo. Great truck. My second was a 1972 F100 2WD with the 351W/4speed. Loved gasoline and fast. I am enjoying learning about the bullnose models. Still a lot of parts to buy and install. Thanks for letting me join the group. Cheers!

IMG_1452.jpeg

IMG_1448.jpeg

IMG_1451.jpeg

IMG_1456.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome!  Glad you joined.  :nabble_anim_handshake:

Yes, I do believe she's been tortured.  Glad you rescued her when you did 'cause it might have been too late in the near future.  She's even got a 1980 - 82 grille - but at least she has one.

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map, which you can see in the menu at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map, and we can add you with a city/state or zip/postal code.  Who knows, one of us might be a neighbor and could help you.

• Thanks 1

Oh go on… that’s a dash panel. Underneath? Ugly, ugly, ugly. The interior definitely needs some work, however, she will never be a beauty queen. I wish I knew the stories behind her scars. I had mixed feelings about putting the toolboxes back on. They are as beat up as she is. I didn’t even realize that she was red. 

IMG_1497.jpeg

IMG_1492.jpeg

• Like 1