Bullnose Forum

Measurement Needed - Radiator Mounting Bolts 85-86

salans7

Thanks Gary and Bill! I think what Gary has provided will get me where I need to be along with the images I already have. 

As for rivnuts, I'm too much of a stickler for "factory appearing" to go that route. Plus, I already have the upper clips. 

• Like 1

I just took a look, and the measurements get me close to where the mounts need to be, but I looked at my photos and realized the measurements weren't going to put them where they needed to be. Also, when I measure starting from 1", I get a different reading than what Gary shows, since he started at the silver end of the tape measure. This may be due to the fact that those jack handle mounts were likely just drilled into a general area and aren't the same on every truck. 

The A/C condenser holes allow for a little wiggle room, so I am going to build that into my Radiator mounts as well. Worst comes to worse, I can adjust the holes a little once I pick up a radiator for this thing. 

Holes are drilled and clips are installed...for now. Lower brackets are also mocked up, but I'm gonna wait to do anything with those until I have a radiator. I can then make any necessary adjustments to the upper clips as well. The only reason I'm even worried about these measurements is because I'd rather not introduce the fan blades to my 460 fan shroud (they aren't reproduced like the small block ones are). 

Thanks again for the help!

Rad Support.jpg

Edited by salans7

42 minutes ago, Gary Lewis said:

Shaun - Can you record the measurements you used?  I may need them.  But it is looking good.  :nabble_smiley_good:

I will, but I'm going to head to the junkyard this weekend to see if I got my measurements correct because I don't want to put bad info on here for anybody else. I'm pretty much going off of trial and error since I don't have a spare 85-86 radiator support to compare to. 

• Thanks 1