Bullnose Forums

ID 2150 carburetor

jdavidsmi

I believe I have fixed the fuel delivery problem, new pickup and float in tank, cleaned inside the tank, new fuel pump and all new flexible gas lines and clamps. so now I want to give the carburetor a good cleaning and put in a kit.

The problem I have is my carburetor does not have a tag hanging on it any where I can find. There is a stamp on the choke housing E3TE-AA, so I'm guessing its a E3TE

20170907_074753.jpg.801da48264ace6e5836c1b95fbdb6fcc.jpg

There is also a stamp number left side of the base where it mounts to the manifold. looks like 223

20170907_072739.jpg.c818b9503e5384b700928e011f7ceb8f.jpg

And a stamped number on the right base behind the linkage. 4TA

20170907_073016.jpg.56f128716b18ddafe885f5df648d3017.jpg

Here are a couple more photos.

20170903_090639.jpg.f844fb5d15e387d9f2329c15487801e8.jpg

Front

20170903_090748.jpg.569cb653d4084d65e84c2a31961f7333.jpg

Right Side

20170907_072423.jpg.c722a09c44f979c9032bc4f4400de71b.jpg

20170907_072449.jpg.920521b193048c673dcc5b0dc06229fd.jpg

Left side

I could not get a good picture of the back.

since I'm not sure about anything other than its a Motorcraft 2150, which rebuild kit should I go with?

David

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David - I think the E3TA-AA is the number for the choke pull-off, not for the carb. It looks like it is stamped on the pull-off.

As for what kit, I would think you can find a kit that matches your application, meaning what year the truck is, what engine, etc.

But, I don't know that info. If I did, like if you had it in your signature, I might be able to find your carb's number in the catalog. However, if you could find the calibration number, which is usually on the valve cover, it would be easy. The calibration # looks like 4-51D-R0D.

Since you do not say what truck or engine, I will tell you what I can. E4TA is the prefix number for the carburetor, there should be a - x letter, so the complete number would be E4TA-9510-x. Example here:

The first hit in the catalog that I have for a 1984 F-series w/a 302, which is what my memory says we are dealing with, is as shown below. The actual part number starts with E4TE, but the number on the part would be E4TE.

So, David, can you find a number like that on the carb body itself? Not on a bolt-on part as that number goes for that part. If not, can you find the calibration number, which will probably be on a sticker on the valve cover? And, if both of those fail then tell us everything about the truck, meaning year, engine, transmission, 2 or 4wd, and if it was a CA truck or high altitude. (And if that were in your signature we wouldn't have to ask again. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

Davids_302_Calibration_Parts_List.thumb.jpg.6194278ea801c8ed53617cc60074e3f9.jpg

The first hit in the catalog that I have for a 1984 F-series w/a 302, which is what my memory says we are dealing with, is as shown below. The actual part number starts with E4TE, but the number on the part would be E4TE.

So, David, can you find a number like that on the carb body itself? Not on a bolt-on part as that number goes for that part. If not, can you find the calibration number, which will probably be on a sticker on the valve cover? And, if both of those fail then tell us everything about the truck, meaning year, engine, transmission, 2 or 4wd, and if it was a CA truck or high altitude. (And if that were in your signature we wouldn't have to ask again. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

I have updated my signature with everything I know, and I think I may have found the calibration sticker but its on the back end of the valve cover. Could not get a picture that was clear enough to see. I will get an inspection mirror and try again tomorrow. Same for looking for a casting stamp on the carburetor. I may end up just pulling them off and looking.

I have updated my signature with everything I know, and I think I may have found the calibration sticker but its on the back end of the valve cover. Could not get a picture that was clear enough to see. I will get an inspection mirror and try again tomorrow. Same for looking for a casting stamp on the carburetor. I may end up just pulling them off and looking.

I'm guessing that someone swapped the valve covers. The sticker is usually on the front end of the passenger's side one, so is it on the back end of the driver's side?

If you can find the calibration # I can tell you a lot about the carb.

Unfortunately your signature hasn't shown up yet, so maybe you could just tell us the details about the truck?

But, hopefully you found the calibration code today. To give you an idea what can be found if you know the calibration code, let's use code # 4-54R-R12, which is for some of the 1984 & 85 CA trucks. I have a book called 1985 Car & Truck Engine/Emissions Facts Book Summary, which has the information shown below for that calibration code. (Note: I'll be placing the pdf's of this calibration code as well as the 11 others I scanned today on pages on the website. And the pdf's are very sharp/crisp.)

4-54R-R12_-_Smaller_Yet.thumb.jpg.39c661894db9b2dd6fd977c117d780f2.jpg

And then from the catalog I have the calibration parts list for that calibration code:

Calibration_Pars_List_No_445.thumb.jpg.b503a2e1494e14c19984db4e6042ea6f.jpg

And then if someone really needs the deep detail on one of the carbs I can post the 4 pages from the catalog that give the scoop. For instance, notice that the parts list shows the carb # as 95.2AP. So, you go down the AP column on this page and following ones from the catalog.

Carb_Parts_List_AN-AZ.thumb.jpg.d99b2186fa0a11d71e30ddbd7899e43f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately your signature hasn't shown up yet, so maybe you could just tell us the details about the truck?

But, hopefully you found the calibration code today. To give you an idea what can be found if you know the calibration code, let's use code # 4-54R-R12, which is for some of the 1984 & 85 CA trucks. I have a book called 1985 Car & Truck Engine/Emissions Facts Book Summary, which has the information shown below for that calibration code. (Note: I'll be placing the pdf's of this calibration code as well as the 11 others I scanned today on pages on the website. And the pdf's are very sharp/crisp.)

And then from the catalog I have the calibration parts list for that calibration code:

And then if someone really needs the deep detail on one of the carbs I can post the 4 pages from the catalog that give the scoop. For instance, notice that the parts list shows the carb # as 95.2AP. So, you go down the AP column on this page and following ones from the catalog.

Sorry its been a few days, we have been straight out for the last week getting the corn harvested.

Anyway, I purchased the truck a couple of months ago, the kid I got it from had no idea about the motor or really much of anything else. He just needed the money, but I did check and he did have a clear title. It had a key-off electrical short that you guys helped me straighten out.

Its a 1984 F150 XL, Red and primer. With a 117 wheel base, 4x4 with 4 speed manual, and I believe a ford 8.8 rear end. 302 v8 with 2 b motorcraft carburetor. factory AC. the odometer says 76250 so it could be 176250 or more.

I found the original owners manual stuffed under the seat in a box of "used parts". The original owner had written the Vin # in the book. On the back inside cover was the "note" bought motor 1-27-03, motor had 76000 on it, truck had 55,500 when motor put in. but nothing saying what year the motor was.

After looking all over the carburetor and not seeing any more Numbers, I pulled the carburetor off and still could not find any new numbers anywhere. I used a mirror and looked at the sticker on the drivers side valve cover and its completely unreadable. And the same for the one on the pass side.

So I'm back to where I started, the local NAPA "ford" guy has ordered me a gasket kit for 1984 302 2150, and we will go from there.

Sorry its been a few days, we have been straight out for the last week getting the corn harvested.

Anyway, I purchased the truck a couple of months ago, the kid I got it from had no idea about the motor or really much of anything else. He just needed the money, but I did check and he did have a clear title. It had a key-off electrical short that you guys helped me straighten out.

Its a 1984 F150 XL, Red and primer. With a 117 wheel base, 4x4 with 4 speed manual, and I believe a ford 8.8 rear end. 302 v8 with 2 b motorcraft carburetor. factory AC. the odometer says 76250 so it could be 176250 or more.

I found the original owners manual stuffed under the seat in a box of "used parts". The original owner had written the Vin # in the book. On the back inside cover was the "note" bought motor 1-27-03, motor had 76000 on it, truck had 55,500 when motor put in. but nothing saying what year the motor was.

After looking all over the carburetor and not seeing any more Numbers, I pulled the carburetor off and still could not find any new numbers anywhere. I used a mirror and looked at the sticker on the drivers side valve cover and its completely unreadable. And the same for the one on the pass side.

So I'm back to where I started, the local NAPA "ford" guy has ordered me a gasket kit for 1984 302 2150, and we will go from there.

These carbs were very consistent in their gaskets, needles and seats, power valves, etc. So I think that kit will work.