Bullnose Forum

Standalone E4OD Controllers? Input Needed

Yep, that's sorta my plan as well.  Here's a mockup using the 1990 Ford switch laying in the pocket on the left, and a Photoshopped version with the Compushift switches in on the right.  But that is crude.

Just got off the phone with Mike at Compushift and I'm sold.  He knows his stuff and can answer any question with ease.  Here's what I learned:

• Switches: While they sell the TCC switch I won't really want or need one as they are targeted at diesel vehicles that want to use engine braking.  So he recommended that I buy just the A/B Mode & O/D Cancel switches.  And they take a 3/4" hole.

• Speed Sensor: I plan to go with the '86 & later speedometer cable setup with the transducer in the transfer case rather than the earlier unit with the transducer under the brake booster, which will make the engine bay cleaner.  Mike said that'll work fine as input to their module, but that I shouldn't tap into that for input to the speed control.  Instead I should use the speed output from their module to feed the speed control.

• TPS: I have a Demon 750 CFM carb, which isn't included in their list of carbs their Acculink TPS fits.  But Mike said that he's familiar with the carb and that the Acculink will either work directly or do so with minimal mods.  He thinks the bowls are a bit wider than those on a Holley, but that it won't take but a slight bend to make it fit.

• Grommet: They provide a grommet that fits a 1 5/8" for the harness to go through, so it'll be easy to put that hole in the plate that I have over the hole below the driver's seat.

• Ordering: He doesn't have a way to take an order over the phone.  But when I'm ready to order just call and he will walk me through it to get exactly what I need.  He builds the harness specific to the application, so he'll make sure that it'll work.

:nabble_anim_jump:

1990FordODLockoutSwitch.thumb.jpg.bed06bc2e6e3a2406cbea85d941d3cc0.jpg1990FordODLockoutSwitchInPocket.thumb.jpg.9a5e9ad57799f345d29f6067ab3b4194.jpg