Bullnose Forums

new member who feels very fortunate to have found this website

eternaltruck

Welcome eternaltruck!

You have a passion for the work and you, like many of us, have found a 2nd home. I am not sure how this site stayed under my radar as well but it is certainly my most visited (and respected) site now. My guess is that the EVTM that they have on here (Gary already imbedded the link in his post) will be of great value to you. I sincerely look forward to watching your progress!!

This kind of stuff is good therapy too. Seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi eternaltruck!

My name is Michelle and my husband and I restore cars for a living. Por15 isn't the best product to use. It doesn't stick to bare metal, so with that, try Rustuleum Rusty Metal primer! That stuff is amazing and lasts! It's pretty inexpensive too, can be bought at Ace Hardware. Rusty Metal primer is designed to go on bare metal!

When I get my bullnose, I am going to give it the Rusty Metal primer treatment!

I am sold on that product! We have used it on customer's cars and our own cars! It holds up and lasts!

Can't wait to see your girl bullnose! 😊

Hi eternaltruck!

My name is Michelle and my husband and I restore cars for a living. Por15 isn't the best product to use. It doesn't stick to bare metal, so with that, try Rustuleum Rusty Metal primer! That stuff is amazing and lasts! It's pretty inexpensive too, can be bought at Ace Hardware. Rusty Metal primer is designed to go on bare metal!

When I get my bullnose, I am going to give it the Rusty Metal primer treatment!

I am sold on that product! We have used it on customer's cars and our own cars! It holds up and lasts!

Can't wait to see your girl bullnose! 😊

I used Kreem in the past on motorcycle fuel tanks. And had very good results.

Some folks recommended POR-15 and I got some and used it recently on another motorcycle fuel tank.

I was not happy with it at all. I went by the directions as people said and I should have went with my gut, but I didn't.

I'm going to look into the Rust-Oleum product for bare metal, and if I ever do another motorcycle tank it will be Kreem.

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies and Gents,

Thank you all so much for the knowledge! The wife and I just got finished moving. It was our first move, and it was as poorly executed as it could have possibly been. We thought it would just take a day, so we procrastinated, and it ended up taking the whole weekend up until the early hours of Monday morning. (I just found my laptop charger to put things into perspective) The main work I plan on doing to her to finish up the year is mainly in the cabin. She's pretty well gutted, so the first task is to weld up the floor, and seal it up with a coat of paint. I have sound deadening foam which I plan to down before the carpet. After the floor is good to go, the next big thing is to restore all the vinyl trim, and dash assembly. I'm also on the hunt for vinyl trim pieces that the truck didn't have like the rear corner trim pieces. There's several massive junkyards in the central valley of California, so hopefully I can nab a pair, as well as other trim pieces. The wiring harness inside is a in a big heap, on the floor, and I know It's gonna be a pain to get organized, but I'm sure I'll find a way. My main goal for the interior is to make it as quit, and as insulated as possible. The color scheme I'm going for on the vinyl is saddle tan. I'm thinking about taking the cab off for the welding portion of it. Everyone tells me I'd be way in over my head, and I'm obviously hesitant. I have access to a giant gantry that could yank the cab right off it, and turn it into a one man job(at least in my head) I haven't ever undertaken anything like this... The reason I want to do this is because I want to paint the frame in sections, and replace the bushings for the cab while the frame is exposed. Does this seem like a logical course of action to the more experienced folk out there? Any input it greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Ladies and Gents,

Thank you all so much for the knowledge! The wife and I just got finished moving. It was our first move, and it was as poorly executed as it could have possibly been. We thought it would just take a day, so we procrastinated, and it ended up taking the whole weekend up until the early hours of Monday morning. (I just found my laptop charger to put things into perspective) The main work I plan on doing to her to finish up the year is mainly in the cabin. She's pretty well gutted, so the first task is to weld up the floor, and seal it up with a coat of paint. I have sound deadening foam which I plan to down before the carpet. After the floor is good to go, the next big thing is to restore all the vinyl trim, and dash assembly. I'm also on the hunt for vinyl trim pieces that the truck didn't have like the rear corner trim pieces. There's several massive junkyards in the central valley of California, so hopefully I can nab a pair, as well as other trim pieces. The wiring harness inside is a in a big heap, on the floor, and I know It's gonna be a pain to get organized, but I'm sure I'll find a way. My main goal for the interior is to make it as quit, and as insulated as possible. The color scheme I'm going for on the vinyl is saddle tan. I'm thinking about taking the cab off for the welding portion of it. Everyone tells me I'd be way in over my head, and I'm obviously hesitant. I have access to a giant gantry that could yank the cab right off it, and turn it into a one man job(at least in my head) I haven't ever undertaken anything like this... The reason I want to do this is because I want to paint the frame in sections, and replace the bushings for the cab while the frame is exposed. Does this seem like a logical course of action to the more experienced folk out there? Any input it greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

It really isn't that difficult to pull the cab - especially if you have the harness out/off. And if you had it off where you could tilt it up on the back side to weld the floors from the bottom, or at least work under there, it would make things far easier.

On how to make it quiet, my thoughts are here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Questions-on-door-speaker-sizing-tp16619p16640.html

And for painting the vinyl, the SEM color codes are here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/interior-paint.html