Bullnose Forum

1984 F250

Hey all - I bought a 1984 F250 with the intention to learn how to work on trucks.

She sat on a farm in CO for many years, and then in a driveway for a time. She runs but needs a tune-up, which I am learning about and my next to-do. I’ve already replaced flexible fuel lines that eroded.

I have no prior experience working on trucks and cars other than changing oil, filters, etc.

Appreciative of the community built here and looking forward to learning and gaining skill.

IMG_0061.jpeg

Welcome!  Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Happy to help you. You’ll find a whole lot of experience here.

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map, which you can see in the menu at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map, and we can add you with a city/state or zip/postal code.  Who knows, one of us might be a neighbor and could help you.

Welcome!

7 hours ago, Beef_McQueen said:

I have no prior experience working on trucks and cars other than changing oil, filters, etc

Don't worry, I knew less than you when I joined this group, and thanks to help and advices of the nice (and parient 😉) guys here, I was able to fix and improve lot of issues on my truck.

You're at the right place!

:nabble_smiley_good:

Hey Gary thanks so much. I’m on Whidbey Island, WA. Zip code 98277. would be fantastic to know if there are others nearby. Most YouTube videos I can find are some guy dropping his phone into the engine while he’s trying to explain something, so finding anyone near me would be wonderful.

Edited by Beef_McQueen
Typo

2 hours ago, mat in tn said:

welcome. I really dig the push bar and the old school flares. cool truck!

Didn’t know what either of those things were called, thanks! I think she’s a looker. Have a nice headache rack I had to remove to get her in the garage. Would love to get it back on someday since it looks great with the push bar.

I’m a bit paranoid of the moisture here in the PNW after she’s lived in the high desert since the 80’s. She’s got a leak on the driver’s side of the windshield, so water drips in.

7 hours ago, Gary Lewis said:

Welcome!  Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Happy to help you. You’ll find a whole lot of experience here.

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map, which you can see in the menu at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map, and we can add you with a city/state or zip/postal code.  Who knows, one of us might be a neighbor and could help you.

Hey Gary thanks so much. I’m on Whidbey Island, WA. Zip code 98277. would be fantastic to know if there are others nearby. Most YouTube videos I can find are some guy dropping his phone into the engine while he’s trying to explain something, so finding anyone near me would be wonderful

Edited by Beef_McQueen

2 hours ago, BigBrother-84 said:

Welcome!

Don't worry, I knew less than you when I joined this group, and thanks to help and advices of the nice (and parient 😉) guys here, I was able to fix and improve lot of issues on my truck.

You're at the right place!

:nabble_smiley_good:

That is so good to hear. The day I can trust her to not die on me on the road will be a great day. I’ll feel great when I have that confidence!