Bullnose Forums

1984 F250 4X4 build: phase 1

Bryan

I just began building a fresh 460 rotating assembly.

1. The block is bored .040 over stock rods, bearings and crank.

2. Comp cams #2167 (Intake duration: 194 Degrees - Exhaust duration: 204 Degrees - Intake lift: .460" - Exhaust lift: .480" - Lobe separation: 110 Degree - Intake Center Line: 105 Degree - Vacuum: 15")

3. Edelbrock Performer dual plane intake #2166

4. Edelbrock Performer RPM heads #60669;

Intake Valve Diameter2.19 in 

Intake Runner Volume292 cc 

Push Rod Diameter(Suggested) 0.375 in 

Rocker Stud Diameter0.4375 in 

Valve Spring Diameter1.55 in 

Valve Spring Maximum Lift0.700 in 

Valve Stem Diameter0.3438 in

5. COMP Cams Ultra Gold Aluminum Rocker Arms #19045-16 (Full Roller, Stud Mount, Aluminum, 1.73 Ratio, 7/16 in. Stud, Ford)

6. New fabricated aluminum tall valve covers 

All new accessories; water pump, harmonic balancer, alternator, ac compressor, power steering pump, fuel pressure regulator and gauge, oil sending unit, water temp sending unit, etc.

My stress level is through the roof right now. I have spent a horrendous amount of time and money researching parts, saving for them, and purchasing them. I have very limited experience doing anything remotely related to engine building, and the first firing of this engine is just around the corner. The cam break in will be done in the engine bay and that will be the best, and worst, 30 minutes of this entire process. I can hardly wait!

Welcome, Bryan!  Glad you joined!  :nabble_anim_handshake:

And that is quite an introduction.  In fact, it probably deserves to be in a build thread about your truck rather than here in New Members Start Here.  So if you wanted to start a thread in the main section you could copy this post and put it there.

As for regular introduction things, where's home?  I ask because we have a map, which you can see on the page at Bullnose Forum/Member's map, and I can add you with a city/state or zip/postal code.

Gary, thanks for the welcome. I am in Hartsville, SC, 29550. I apologize for the misunderstanding on my part. I have never participated in a forum as you may have already surmised. I will make that happen if I can figure it out.

Bryan - No problem.  We are friendly.

To go to the main part of the forum scroll down and you'll see Home/NEW MEMBERS START HERE/1984 F250 4X4 build: phase 1.  Click on Home and you'll be taken to the main page.  Scroll down until you see Start New Topic and click that.  Then copy/paste what you've already said into that.

However, your "signature" is a bit much.  Realize that it will accompany every post you ever make on here, and you can see that it'll make your posts huge.  Maybe if you removed the picture and put it in a post by itself?  And trim the verbiage a bit?