Bullnose Forum

Eddy AVS2 vs Summit Autolite 4100 clone

Any fuel filter I can see on RockAuto (link below) for a 460 has a micron rating >30um so I would be more worried about going <30um...  Rather not clog up a filter with too fine a rating and risk running lean for a while.... but you have an AFR gauge right ? 

RockAuto

Edited by viven44
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, viven44 said:

Any fuel filter I can see on RockAuto (link below) for a 460 has a micron rating >30um so I would be more worried about going <30um...  Rather not clog up a filter with too fine a rating and risk running lean for a while.... but you have an AFR gauge right ? 

RockAuto

I have 2 AFR gauges. One for each bank.

I know this is a bit of a stale thread, but i just wanted to throw my carb knowledge out there. My bro in law has the summit carb on his camaro, and it works fine, he don't drive it a lot so i can't really say anything to its daily "driveability" but it did make his car run a lot better than the old worn out holley he had on it. 

That stated, i saw some chatter about the summit being a clone of the 4100...its not, it shares some of the design features, like the top plate, no gaskets below the fuel level, everything else is basically a holley 4010 (again, may have been inspired by the 4100). 4100 has an internal vaccum secondary, has different accelerator pump configuration, dual fuel inlets, center hung vs side hung floats, externally adjustable floats... you can't take a single part off the summit carb and put it on an Autolite 4100.

I think the ONLY thing they truly share is booster design. So, its not a clone, just want folks to know that before they go buy one, its more accurate to call it a holley 4010 clone. IN my opinion the 4100 is a better carb, its simpler and just plain works. 

Here is a holley 4010

image.png.a94af0f6a45b2e55881239f401ee8e90.png

On 9/19/2024 at 9:55 PM, mat in tn said:

there was actually a carb nick named the flying toilet at one time. was it a dominator or predator? I cannot remember

Ron's flying toilet, my cousin had one on his 69 camaro chassis car. It was a mechanical fuel injection system, used "pills" to change the fuel flow rate, the Toilet bowl part was just a single giant butterfly

image.png.95caa3c9256d341baa2aa98584801d7e.png