Bullnose Forum

Clean Up The New Forum! Use New-Found Features!

Good to point that out, Jeff.  I've found it and use it a lot.  Sure saves hitting Quote for the whole post and then having to delete things you don't want.

Just highlight something and the Quote option pops up.  Click it and a new response window opens with that text quoted in it.  Scroll back up and highlight something else, even in a different post in the same thread, and click the Quote that pops up and it'll be put in your response window - after the first quote.  So you can multi-quote to your heart's content.

Another new feature that I put in especially for me - stock answers.  On the desktop/laptop screens, meaning the "large" screens, I added a lightning bolt to the toolbar, like this:

LargeToolbar-StockAnswers.thumb.jpg.7331e20e868ac02aa24245320c4c948b.jpg

That is called the "stock answers" icon and if you click on it you are presented with all of the available stock answers.  And as of this typing there is only one - Map.  And if you click it this text will be added to your post:

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map, which you can see in the menu at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map, and we can add you with a city/state or zip/postal code.

Given that we have 2300+ members I've probably typed that 1000 times.  But now I'll click twice and be done.  😇

So if you think of other answers or statements we use time after time please let us know and we can consider adding them.

• Like 1

Not that I've had to type these a lot, but I imagine they're FAQ (or at least frequently issued advice):

"You really should swap to a PMGR starter. Refer to this guide for how to wire it. Don't jumper the solenoid or remove the stock relay!" 

"You shouldn't be mashing the gas like that to start [or insert other bad behavior]. Refer to this video on how to properly start your carb."

"There are no 'Stepside' Ford trucks. But there are 'Flareside' Ford trucks!" [Or insert any other Chevyism that doesn't fly around here 😛]

Larry - Let me think about those options.  But read below as you may not be able to use them depending on what screen size you normally use.  On the other hand, I could set it up so that if you type "stepside" you'll get "Flareside".  :nabble_smiley_evil:

Jeff - Some place in the InVision cloud.  Admins, like Chris and I, can create them and anyone can use them - if you are on a "large" device, like a PC or laptop.  On one of those devices you should see the toolbar below and you click on the lightning bolt.

I know you know, Jeff, but for the others I should explain the screen sizes.  We have large, medium, and small.  And each have their own toolbar that we can tailor to the size of the screen.  The idea is to keep the toolbar small enough not to wrap on the screen and take up the real estate.

LargeToolbar-StockAnswers.thumb.jpg.7331e20e868ac02aa24245320c4c948b1.jpg.7b4b241639bd230156de4215da6dc37a.jpg