Bullnose Forums

Clean Up The New Forum! Use New-Found Features!

Gary Lewis

16 minutes ago, Gary Lewis said:

@ckuske - Can you take a look at Jeff's suggestion?  I think I see those in the header on Weebly, which is in Settings/SEO.  But I'm not sure I should play with that.

And while you are at it maybe you should look at the footer?  We have Google capturing stats, but I think there is a way to do that also on Invision.

Yep, I'll take a look at that tonight.  Yes, there are settings in InVision for SEO/Page Tracking.  It depends if you want to track Weebly page access vs forum page accesses, or would you like do to both?

2 minutes ago, ckuske said:

Yep, I'll take a look at that tonight.  Yes, there are settings in InVision for SEO/Page Tracking.  It depends if you want to track Weebly page access vs forum page accesses, or would you like do to both?

Let's try both for a while.  InVision's might have more detail.  Thanks!

43 minutes ago, Gary Lewis said:
  1. 4. And using that option, @kramttocs has found a way to open the forum in a new browser tab w/o the menu for Weebly.  Might have some advantages, so maybe he'll fill us in?

Can't get rid of the 1. In your quote so just added 4.

Essentially it's just forcing the browsing to go to https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/ which normally gets redirected.

Long pressing on Bullnose Forums here:

Screenshot_20240918-113625.thumb.png.383f936b05b3eb89f4931a8fdc8dcd1b.png

Will bring up:

Screenshot_20240918-113616.thumb.png.a6c7f00647f18a80bf0054ab05a81281.png

Then you can choose to open in a new tab, go to that tab, and you are directly in the forum.

Again, mainly just for mobile experience.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kramttocs said:

Essentially it's just forcing the browsing to go to https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/ which normally gets redirected.

Long pressing on Bullnose Forums here:

Will bring up:

Then you can choose to open in a new tab, go to that tab, and you are directly in the forum.

Again, mainly just for mobile experience.

Got it.  Thanks!  (I "thanked" you as well.  Need to see how that works and maybe it'll cut down some on the traffic.)

Another feature I find fascinating is that this new platform gives the admins and moderators lots of info, including the people who are online at any given time.  Just looked and we had 32 people online, one of which was @1986F150Six, who was looking at the online users list.  David - did you see me looking at you looking at me?  :nabble_anim_blbl:

And not only does it give right-now info, it gives charts.  I had no idea we had that many guests visiting the forum!  :nabble_anim_jump:

OnlineUsersToday.thumb.jpg.49b512bcce227624985394990c0adfeb.jpg

• Haha 1

@BigBrother-84 - You suggested, via email, that we clean up the main page.  Unfortunately we have a bit of a problem there since there is no way to toggle the "descriptions" on or off.  In other words, if we have descriptions for the forums/sub-forums they will show there.  And we need descriptions on many of them.

For instance, the description for NMSH explains to the new member that s/he MUST create an introduction.  So w/o the description s/he would be lost, not able to post anywhere else nor reply, but not knowing that all they have to create an intro.

However, on a desktop you can go to the blue ribbon and click on Activity and then maybe All Activity and you'll just see the new stuff.  (And I see you asked me a question to which I've not replied.)  And on a phone there's a button for that as well.

Capturedecranle2024-09-18a09_35_22.thumb.jpg.86e6a66a7532c841242b58631a9c6bab.jpg