Bullnose Forums

1981 straight six manual 4x4 project

Ford F834

I found that a long blad screw driver going down the goose neck and through the thermostat (gently!) Can helpbretain the tgermostat in the housing until its snugged down. Its also worth noting that the torque spec for the fasteners for the thermostat housing (atleast on a 300, and from memory) is 18 ftlbs. Not much.

Sorry to hear your wife isnt feeling well.

Thank you! 18 ft lbs isn’t much! Admittedly I was not using a torque wrench but I am curious where it was when it broke. I know it also “wasn’t much”… 😞

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! 18 ft lbs isn’t much! Admittedly I was not using a torque wrench but I am curious where it was when it broke. I know it also “wasn’t much”… 😞

I’m going to call the electrical issue fixed… attributed to a bad positive cable (problem invisible). I feel sheepish that it was something so basic but I’m glad it is solved.

I’m going to call the electrical issue fixed… attributed to a bad positive cable (problem invisible). I feel sheepish that it was something so basic but I’m glad it is solved.

Those kinds of problems are tough to catch since they can’t be seen. But I’m glad the other cables fixed it. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for starting this thread! I was hooked in your first post when you described "dastardly copper washers." I'm new to vehicle maintenance; so many of these threads are an education in themselves.

Keep it up! I'm listening intently and value the experience of this group.

Best,

Jack