Bullnose Forums

WINDSHIELD TRIM TOOL

I can confirm that the one below works like a charm.... it has just the right leverage to lift the clips underneath and release the trim.

I have removed and installed the windshield trim at least 4-5 times now and I have always just used a harbor freight cheap pick and it did the job but it didn't quite have the leverage. About a month ago when I got the windshield replaced on my FIL's truck I told the windshield guy that I would want to remove the trim myself to ensure it is done the way I liked it... the guy just handed me this one after he saw me struggle with the pick... Man... it made the job like 3 times easier.

https://equalizer.com/moulding-clip-release-tool

Is the goal to release the clip from the trim, or release it from the little peg on the body inside the window channel?

Is the goal to release the clip from the trim, or release it from the little peg on the body inside the window channel?

The goal is to lift the clip enough so the trim will slide out. You can spray some WD40 to help it slide out if you have one that is problematic.

The clip will still be attached to the pegs on the body after the trim is removed... if you have a rusty clip its a good time to replace them. Be careful installing the new clip (i.e. not accidentally bump and crack the window)...

Let me try this acronym. DAHIK :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

The goal is to lift the clip enough so the trim will slide out. You can spray some WD40 to help it slide out if you have one that is problematic.

The clip will still be attached to the pegs on the body after the trim is removed... if you have a rusty clip its a good time to replace them. Be careful installing the new clip (i.e. not accidentally bump and crack the window)...

Let me try this acronym. DAHIK :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

No idea what DAHIK means....

Thanks for the tip

Its one of those words I learned in this forum .. I think it dates back to the days of the early forums :nabble_smiley_thinking:

You just broke one of the rules surrounding DAHIK - you told how you know. 😬

Well before more mortal eyes noticed what I said, I edited away some of it. Hopefully, I shall henceforth do better to conform to the rules of DAHIK :nabble_smiley_tongue: