Bullnose Forums

blinker switch replacement

I have replaced it only 3 times so far on Bullnoses :nabble_smiley_argh: but it got pretty easy the 3rd time.

Do you have a tilt column or non-tilt ? The type of switch is different of course. I have used Sheemar brand of switch from RockAuto before and they do well.

Below works on tilt columns (I have yet to replace a non-tilt column switch -- they are just as robust as the columns they live on)... just quoting from memory. Hope I remember everything and haven't left out anything.

- Remove steering wheel

- Unplug the 11-pin Turn Signal Switch connector from under the steering column. This is the one that is sort of bent-rectangle shaped.

- Unscrew the turn signal lever

- Take a good picture of the wires and positions in the connector

- Remove all the leads from the connector using a small screwdriver. The wires are held by an internal plastic retaining mechanism. The come off real easy one by one.

- Remove the 3 screws that hold the turn signal switch

- Remove the turn signal switch and all the 10 or 11 wires. You may need to remove one wire at a time through the sheath. Take note of how the wires are routed through the column.

- Basically, repeat above steps to install new turn signal switch. You will need to undo all the wires inside the connector and route them through the column, then install the connector back on.

- Don't overtighten the 3 screws, as this may push the switch in too deep and you may not make good contact with 2 pins on the race behind the steering column.

Your new turn signal switch may come with an additional black wire that may not connect to anything.

I have replaced it only 3 times so far on Bullnoses :nabble_smiley_argh: but it got pretty easy the 3rd time.

Do you have a tilt column or non-tilt ? The type of switch is different of course. I have used Sheemar brand of switch from RockAuto before and they do well.

Below works on tilt columns (I have yet to replace a non-tilt column switch -- they are just as robust as the columns they live on)... just quoting from memory. Hope I remember everything and haven't left out anything.

- Remove steering wheel

- Unplug the 11-pin Turn Signal Switch connector from under the steering column. This is the one that is sort of bent-rectangle shaped.

- Unscrew the turn signal lever

- Take a good picture of the wires and positions in the connector

- Remove all the leads from the connector using a small screwdriver. The wires are held by an internal plastic retaining mechanism. The come off real easy one by one.

- Remove the 3 screws that hold the turn signal switch

- Remove the turn signal switch and all the 10 or 11 wires. You may need to remove one wire at a time through the sheath. Take note of how the wires are routed through the column.

- Basically, repeat above steps to install new turn signal switch. You will need to undo all the wires inside the connector and route them through the column, then install the connector back on.

- Don't overtighten the 3 screws, as this may push the switch in too deep and you may not make good contact with 2 pins on the race behind the steering column.

Your new turn signal switch may come with an additional black wire that may not connect to anything.

non-tilt manual transmission.