Bullnose Forums

Need Input On Judging @ Show

Ok you 18 guys are hogging all the fun not fair.

How about a online Show for us members that can't attend the actual Show. Could be done by submitting photos anyways just a idea so all members could participate.

Oh if this has been discussed before just delete my post.

I think this works! Two different ballots with owners voting for all categories and non owners voting for "crowd favorite".

I gotta say, I do like the idea of a best survivor, but then we would need to define "survivor". In my mind, this is essentially an untouched original. That said, might be too close to the show to add that category. Maybe look into it next year?

On line aspect of the show would be cool too! Gary, can't remember the name of your Church youth guy that videoed and photographed all the trucks last year, but he did a phenomenal job on that. Hope to see that again this year. Might be a lot of work and getting pictures and video uploaded in a timely manner would be difficult but something to consider.

I think this works! Two different ballots with owners voting for all categories and non owners voting for "crowd favorite".

I gotta say, I do like the idea of a best survivor, but then we would need to define "survivor". In my mind, this is essentially an untouched original. That said, might be too close to the show to add that category. Maybe look into it next year?

On line aspect of the show would be cool too! Gary, can't remember the name of your Church youth guy that videoed and photographed all the trucks last year, but he did a phenomenal job on that. Hope to see that again this year. Might be a lot of work and getting pictures and video uploaded in a timely manner would be difficult but something to consider.

John/Machspeed - It is way too late to add a class/category this year. We picked up the trophies a week ago yesterday and the ballots are in for printing - both entrant as well as visitor ballots.

Oh, and the entry/scoring sheets are in for printing as well - pretty much the same as last year but on 8 1/2 x 14" (legal) paper, which gives us a lot more room for scoring. We'll fold the extra 3" under while capturing the entrance details, then fold out to score.

But a survivor is really hard to define. Some of the "big boys" have a rule that X% of the parts have to be original, but how would we determine that? Scott/WelderScott's 1978 is currently a survivor in my book as all that has been changed is what wears out, like plugs and the water pump. But he hopes to have it painted at some point, including having the rust repaired - so would that mean it isn't a survivor? That's a tough one to figure out. And, would it be fair to pit 1987 and later survivors against much earlier survivors? Yes, we can discuss this, but there are lots of questions in my mind - as you can tell.

The guy you are thinking of is Steve, aka FoxFord33 here on the forum. But don't forget that Jeff flew his drone and captured some wonderful video as well. In any event, Steve isn't available this year so at this point we don't have anyone to take pics, much less video.

So if any of you that are coming have a drone or are good with a camera please jump in here! We need some help.

John/Machspeed - It is way too late to add a class/category this year. We picked up the trophies a week ago yesterday and the ballots are in for printing - both entrant as well as visitor ballots.

Oh, and the entry/scoring sheets are in for printing as well - pretty much the same as last year but on 8 1/2 x 14" (legal) paper, which gives us a lot more room for scoring. We'll fold the extra 3" under while capturing the entrance details, then fold out to score.

But a survivor is really hard to define. Some of the "big boys" have a rule that X% of the parts have to be original, but how would we determine that? Scott/WelderScott's 1978 is currently a survivor in my book as all that has been changed is what wears out, like plugs and the water pump. But he hopes to have it painted at some point, including having the rust repaired - so would that mean it isn't a survivor? That's a tough one to figure out. And, would it be fair to pit 1987 and later survivors against much earlier survivors? Yes, we can discuss this, but there are lots of questions in my mind - as you can tell.

The guy you are thinking of is Steve, aka FoxFord33 here on the forum. But don't forget that Jeff flew his drone and captured some wonderful video as well. In any event, Steve isn't available this year so at this point we don't have anyone to take pics, much less video.

So if any of you that are coming have a drone or are good with a camera please jump in here! We need some help.

Gary, my request to add that was very biased :nabble_smiley_evil:. If BB 2WD had a shot it would be in that category. The only customization is "Wrong tailgate, fuel selector valve delete, new inner door panels, new DS-II 'computer', ignition switch... almost forgot the Edelbrock.. maybe that alone might disqualify it, haha" ... but that category needs good knowledge/expertise of what is stock to even vote-on... and it gets really subjective when engine trans have been rebuilt, etc.

I do agree such a category should be weighted. The older it is, the more likely it would be win. It wouldn't be fair for me to compete with a early 70s survivor.