Bullnose Forum

BALLJOINT D60 VS KINGPIN D60

The '95 D60 I got from an F350 had a different lockout mechanism and had to be converted to work with the standard lockouts.  I don't remember much about it, but when I called Torque King they asked a few questions about what I had and pointed out that someone had botched a conversion.

But with the right parts I was able to convert it to handle the manual hubs. 

Like on the D44s, the automatic hubs and manual hubs aren't completely interchangeable.  You need to have the correct spindle nuts for the type of hub you have.  But all of those parts are interchangeable between a D50 and a D60.  You just need to get all of them.

• Like 1

Anyone know how long the leaf spring U-bolts are for a F350 with the Dana 60? RockAuto offers 3 or 4 different lengths. I can measure the parts and add it up, but I keep getting pulled to other things at work and home....would like to order parts soon. If anyone knows or has a document for it....would be appreciated.

18 hours ago, Gary Lewis said:

Ray - The Master Parts Catalog says the part number is E7TZ 5455-A, as shown below, but doesn't give a length.  However it was used for many years.  Sorry.

That might be enough for me to reference. LMC sells 1 size for the TTB and D60s it appears.....I'll figure it out. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ray Cecil said:

Anyone know for sure if the brake dust shield from the DANA50 TTB is the same as the DANA60 Brake dust shields?

I think they are the same.  I say that because the list of brake dust shields, shown below, has the same PN's for a D50 as an F350 4WD, and in 86 the F350's with 4WD went to the D60 monobeam axle.  But, the disc brake parts lists don't show the dust shields, and you can see that from the one for the monobeam, shown farther down.  So I can't confirm it but the MPC says that they use the same shield.

BrakeDustShields.thumb.jpg.7d2c8ced39c91ebbf8e6c4ab1b3b3072.jpg

MonobeamBrakePartsList.thumb.jpg.1d86674e6f1358353a092cf27cf3e01b.jpg

• Like 1