Bullnose Forum

BALLJOINT D60 VS KINGPIN D60

19 hours ago, salans7 said:

Easy way to tell when you have the knuckles is that Ford went to bolt on calipers for 1995, so 95-97ish axles have the holes for the bolt on caliper brackets. 92-94 will have the slide pins. 

Gotcha. Yeah, its definitely a 97' axle, according to the code on the tag. Looks like the calipers and rotors and pads are all newish. I don't see anything but surface rust on the rotors, as if someone put the brakes on, and then took the axle out. I'll get time soon.

We just learned that we are getting the chance to adopt twins. So only God knows if I'll have time to finish this truck. We have twin foster kids living with us. 2.5 year old. I thought I was going to be done raising kids by 44ish....starting ALL over NOW!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ray Cecil said:

Gotcha. Yeah, its definitely a 97' axle, according to the code on the tag. Looks like the calipers and rotors and pads are all newish. I don't see anything but surface rust on the rotors, as if someone put the brakes on, and then took the axle out. I'll get time soon.

We just learned that we are getting the chance to adopt twins. So only God knows if I'll have time to finish this truck. We have twin foster kids living with us. 2.5 year old. I thought I was going to be done raising kids by 44ish....starting ALL over NOW!!

At least the axle you picked up seems complete. All of the DOM info was gone from my diff cover and the passenger tube was too pitted to find it there so all I can go off of is the 95-97 steering knuckles. The calipers, brackets, and pads were missing from mine, but the price was discounted to make up for that. Rotors are junk so I'll have to pick all of that up if I ever finish the truck. 

I watched a video the other day from a guy who had a bent passenger side axle tube. That's my new concern since my axle was picked up from the back of a flatbed truck full of D60's. My cheap axle was probably cheap for a reason so I'm expecting the worst and I'll be glad if it isn't. 

Congrats on the future additions! I passed 30 a little while back with no kids, so I'll still be raising them at 44 if I ever change my mind. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, salans7 said:

At least the axle you picked up seems complete. All of the DOM info was gone from my diff cover and the passenger tube was too pitted to find it there so all I can go off of is the 95-97 steering knuckles. The calipers, brackets, and pads were missing from mine, but the price was discounted to make up for that. Rotors are junk so I'll have to pick all of that up if I ever finish the truck. 

I watched a video the other day from a guy who had a bent passenger side axle tube. That's my new concern since my axle was picked up from the back of a flatbed truck full of D60's. My cheap axle was probably cheap for a reason so I'm expecting the worst and I'll be glad if it isn't. 

Congrats on the future additions! I passed 30 a little while back with no kids, so I'll still be raising them at 44 if I ever change my mind. Time will tell. 

Yeah, I'm 38. My bio kids are 11 and 14. The twins will be 3 in January.

My 14 year old just hit 6'1", and he just turned 14. On track for 6'7". The 11 year old is ahead of his brother at the same age. He could be 6'8". 

The twins are boy and girl. So, I'm hoping to get another truck project down the line for each of them!!

11 hours ago, Ray Cecil said:

Yeah, I'm 38. My bio kids are 11 and 14. The twins will be 3 in January.

My 14 year old just hit 6'1", and he just turned 14. On track for 6'7". The 11 year old is ahead of his brother at the same age. He could be 6'8". 

The twins are boy and girl. So, I'm hoping to get another truck project down the line for each of them!!

Wow!  Congrat's!!!  That is going to be a big lifestyle change.  But well worth it.  :nabble_anim_claps:

• Like 1