Bullnose Forums

I will be in the Bay Area (CA) the next couple of days and I came across something up my alley, proximate to where my brother lives

https://www.facebook.com/share/yEhnDPkVitok26sQ/

What do y'all think about this one ?

I don't think it’s priced to sell (fair?) as its been on the market for 6 weeks. The seller also apparently "bounces from old truck to old truck pretty often😂" I also need to consider shipping to TX. Probably another $2k there.

About the paint on the bed in better shape... seller's son says the truck had a camper/cab in the back (cab over) and that shielded the bed from weather, but isn't positive if thats what did it.

Nice truck. And I think they are right about the camper keeping the sun off. If that is the case they the paint should buff out nicely.

Normally CA trucks have a bunch of emissions stuff on them that the 49-state trucks don't have. But the 460 might be a different story, especially in an F350.

Fair price? Maybe use Hagerty? Here's there evaluation, and here's their description of conditions. I'd guess that truck is a #3.

Does the A/C work? How new are the tires?

As for getting it home, how about driving it? Ask them if they'd put it on the road. If so, after you check it out maybe have the fluids changed and head home. Then bring it to the show. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Hagerty_1984_F350_460.thumb.jpg.f2374cc68c757b5e20b2679c71e727b1.jpg

Nice truck. And I think they are right about the camper keeping the sun off. If that is the case they the paint should buff out nicely.

Normally CA trucks have a bunch of emissions stuff on them that the 49-state trucks don't have. But the 460 might be a different story, especially in an F350.

Fair price? Maybe use Hagerty? Here's there evaluation, and here's their description of conditions. I'd guess that truck is a #3.

Does the A/C work? How new are the tires?

As for getting it home, how about driving it? Ask them if they'd put it on the road. If so, after you check it out maybe have the fluids changed and head home. Then bring it to the show. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, I just looked at my emission diagrams, there are only 3 for the 1984 460, two of them carry 1983 dates (start with 3-) third one starts with 4- and it is way more involved, so is probably CA specific. The picture of the label doesn't show enough to see if it is CA specific. If the truck is CA specific some of the parts may be made with unotainium.

Gary, I just looked at my emission diagrams, there are only 3 for the 1984 460, two of them carry 1983 dates (start with 3-) third one starts with 4- and it is way more involved, so is probably CA specific. The picture of the label doesn't show enough to see if it is CA specific. If the truck is CA specific some of the parts may be made with unotainium.

Good point, Bill. But, if Vivek takes it back to Tejas then he won’t need those parts.

Good point, Bill. But, if Vivek takes it back to Tejas then he won’t need those parts.

1980-1986 F350 4x4 trucks seem to be pretty uncommon these days as you tend to see more F250's. Definitely a cool truck even with the fact that it's TTB.

1980-1986 F350 4x4 trucks seem to be pretty uncommon these days as you tend to see more F250's. Definitely a cool truck even with the fact that it's TTB.

Spoke to the seller today. He says he will take off shipping cost but is looking for basically asking price.

I am not sure Hagerty #3 agrees with that.

I ran a carfax it does have 95k ish original miles.

Spoke to the seller today. He says he will take off shipping cost but is looking for basically asking price.

I am not sure Hagerty #3 agrees with that.

I ran a carfax it does have 95k ish original miles.

Went and saw the truck. Truck is every bit as good as it looks in the pic.

Only catch. The seller doesn’t have a title in his name. He probably flips trucks but I told him I wouldn’t buy it unless it’s in his name. Not worth at any cost to me. He is to move it into his name and reach back after a few weeks. :nabble_anim_rules:

Went and saw the truck. Truck is every bit as good as it looks in the pic.

Only catch. The seller doesn’t have a title in his name. He probably flips trucks but I told him I wouldn’t buy it unless it’s in his name. Not worth at any cost to me. He is to move it into his name and reach back after a few weeks. :nabble_anim_rules:

If he is selling it for his father that shouldn't be a problem. But he should have mentioned that in the advert. :nabble_smiley_uh:

If he is selling it for his father that shouldn't be a problem. But he should have mentioned that in the advert. :nabble_smiley_uh:

No I met the dad, the dad didn’t even have the title in his name yet. I guess he was looking to see if I would accept a title jump. They told me twice on phone the title was in their name. Carfax didn’t support that but I gave them the benefit of doubt :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Yes within family is fine. Both Bronco and Big Blue 2WD were sold by family members but I made sure to get notarized bill of sale from the actual registered owners. Strange stuff happens when family members sell (potential for things being sold without permission and getting called in stolen later - happened to Steve, my local friend once).