Bullnose Forums

What adhesive to re-attach the black plastic trim?

I think that's the stuff we used to call "gorilla snot". Sticks to everything.

I have the 3M Plastic and Emblem Adhesive, 08061, 5 oz Tube arriving tomorrow. It is supposed to dry clear, but we shall see. I have some of my narrow trim at the beltline coming loose at the ends and I want to glue it down before it gets peeled off.

This stuff is 08061. The part number is on the bottom of the tube in my picture. Be very careful applying it, and keep it away from the edges so nothing squeezes out. Someone sloppily used it to attach an aftermarket emblem on my fenders, and it has since fallen off, and now I just have a light brown splotch (its the color of wood glue) where the emblem was, and I can't get it off my paint

I think that's the stuff we used to call "gorilla snot". Sticks to everything.

I have the 3M Plastic and Emblem Adhesive, 08061, 5 oz Tube arriving tomorrow. It is supposed to dry clear, but we shall see. I have some of my narrow trim at the beltline coming loose at the ends and I want to glue it down before it gets peeled off.

This stuff is 08061. The part number is on the bottom of the tube in my picture. Be very careful applying it, and keep it away from the edges so nothing squeezes out. Someone sloppily used it to attach an aftermarket emblem on my fenders, and it has since fallen off, and now I just have a light brown splotch (its the color of wood glue) where the emblem was, and I can't get it off my paint

Ok, thanks. I'll heed that warning.

Ok, thanks. I'll heed that warning.

I think your glue may be old. Mine is as clear as water, as shown below. And there's a bonus shot showing how I'm doing it.

But for more info, I'm using O'Reilly's Brake Cleaner on a Qtip to clean behind the rubber, and I've found that it cleans the dried glue off of most things - but not fingers so far. :nabble_smiley_cry:

3M_08061_Is_Clear.jpg.0d5766c07d06077e5d2a7d512272f122.jpgBefore__After_Gluing_Trim_On.jpg.cc0584364d1a3791fed4e2b94a80099a.jpg