Bullnose Forums

Hi.

First time poster, long time wrench turner.

My current project is a 1985 f350 crew cab, long bed, 4x4. 460/C6, D50 - ttb front axle and D70U rear axle.

Fun project so far. I have been looking around in here for info as it is lean in other places on these trucks, so far. I am sure everyone is seeing the lift this era is starting to get in resto/rework terms.

I have already done suspension work, changing the leafs to coils with radius arms. I cut and turned the beams also to keep the stock pivot brackets. Forty-eleven % improvement in ride quality, it is better than the 2007 f250 I used to have...

Also did all the window/door seals and interior since the leaks caused the interior to get skunky.

Refreshing motor, plan to swap a 6r80 in, and will maybe do some paint last.

I'll post stuff I think can be helpful or may add positively to other's threads.

Thanks!

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I can add you with a city/state or zip. Who knows, we might be neigbors.

As for the truck, I'll bet the suspension changes made a HUGE difference. I know that the D60/RSK swap made a humongous difference on Big Blue.

What are you going to use to control the 6R80?

Can't wait to follow your journey, so hope you'll start another thread, either in the main section or in Projects, for that.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I can add you with a city/state or zip. Who knows, we might be neigbors.

As for the truck, I'll bet the suspension changes made a HUGE difference. I know that the D60/RSK swap made a humongous difference on Big Blue.

What are you going to use to control the 6R80?

Can't wait to follow your journey, so hope you'll start another thread, either in the main section or in Projects, for that.

Thanks Gary.

I live just outside Charlotte, NC.

I can start a new thread and throw some pictures in there of what is done. I often forget to take pictures while I am doing things, so they may be light on view options. Truck is in driveway so I can get more though.

I had planned to do an E4OD and even have a core. But I need the end result to handle bigger power and to get there with that platform it costs within a couple hundred of what a freshened 6 speed and adaptor does. I will document this for group. I plan to use the Quick 6 from US Shift for control. Have used both the 4 and 6 in past projects and they are great products for the $.

Thanks Gary.

I live just outside Charlotte, NC.

I can start a new thread and throw some pictures in there of what is done. I often forget to take pictures while I am doing things, so they may be light on view options. Truck is in driveway so I can get more though.

I had planned to do an E4OD and even have a core. But I need the end result to handle bigger power and to get there with that platform it costs within a couple hundred of what a freshened 6 speed and adaptor does. I will document this for group. I plan to use the Quick 6 from US Shift for control. Have used both the 4 and 6 in past projects and they are great products for the $.

You are now on the map, although I can move you around if you'd like.

As for the transmission, I'm anxious to follow along! Please start a new thread, and where is up to you. I do that in the main section, but some do it in Projects. Up to you.