Bullnose Forums

Testing Of InVision Import Of Nabble Forum

This thread is to capture our upcoming discussions regarding testing of the import of the Nabble forum onto the InVision platform.

I am posting this same thing in the WE ARE MOVING - HERE’S THE PLAN thread, so if you think this is deja vu then you are probably correct.

The testing has two purposes - I think:

1. Determine if the old content comes over correctly. That would include posts, pictures, links, embedded files and videos, emoticons, etc. And note that several of us have used the ability to post using HTML so we need to see that those posts are rendered correctly. This wouldn't require logging in, but it would be good to know if logging in renders it differently.

2. See if the functionality of Invision works correctly with the Nabble import. In other words, can you post properly using the Invision editor in the threads originally created via Nabble? And can you add new threads to the old stuff using the Invision platform? Plus, can you edit the content originally entered via Nabble by using the Invision editor. This will require logging in.

What I have to remember is that we aren't testing the capabilities of InVision's forum. We've already done that. Instead we are checking to see that our existing Nabble forum gets ported correctly and is integrated neatly into the Invision forum.

This wouldn't require logging in, but it would be good to know if logging in renders it differently.

I didn't thought that some things maybe could be seen differently if being logged or not.

It will be interesting to keep it in mind and also look at the Forum without being logged.

:nabble_smiley_good:

What I have to remember is that we aren't testing the capabilities of InVision's forum. We've already done that.

Agree. But for those not familiar with InVision, the pilot (Gary) has control on multiple adjustments and switches to "customize" the way our Forum will work, and how it appears on different devices. Gary has already "tweaked" couple if things, but I'm pretty sure we'll find some refinements to make.

So, even it's not an exercise to determine if we like or not InVision, it's important to report to Gary any "frustration" or "wish", maybe it's possible for him to modify/add some InVision functionality.

This wouldn't require logging in, but it would be good to know if logging in renders it differently.

I didn't thought that some things maybe could be seen differently if being logged or not.

It will be interesting to keep it in mind and also look at the Forum without being logged.

:nabble_smiley_good:

What I have to remember is that we aren't testing the capabilities of InVision's forum. We've already done that.

Agree. But for those not familiar with InVision, the pilot (Gary) has control on multiple adjustments and switches to "customize" the way our Forum will work, and how it appears on different devices. Gary has already "tweaked" couple if things, but I'm pretty sure we'll find some refinements to make.

So, even it's not an exercise to determine if we like or not InVision, it's important to report to Gary any "frustration" or "wish", maybe it's possible for him to modify/add some InVision functionality.

Good points, Jeff.

On being logged in or not, that is not supposed to make a difference. But we need to see if it does.

As for the tweaks we've made, my understanding is that they get reset when Invision migrate our Nabble forum. I hope that's not the case, but that's what I've been told. So I've written them down to be able to put them back when the time comes.

But I'm not sure I want to take the time to put them back in during the test. We only have a week to do the testing, so if I decide to put the tweaks back in it'll be later in the week, after I get the other testing done.

Given that, this test is not what we think of InVision nor how we like including pictures in posts, using the editor, etc. This is a test of how the conversion of our Nabble forum looks and works. For instance:

• Did all of our folders and threads come over where they should have? In other words, does it basically look like our Nabble forum with the folder FORUM/WEBSITE PLANS & FUNDING at the top, followed by NEW MEMBERS START HERE, and so on.

• Do the posts look right? Did the pictures, links, embedded videos and files, etc come over?

• Can we post in the existing threads and continue our conversations? Can we start new threads? Can we create and pin new folders?

Can't wait to try!!! :nabble_anim_jump: