Bullnose Forums

ISO Inner Plastic Vent Hose for '86 F150 16G tank

Makes me wonder how I got the later filler neck in the Bullnose "pocket". Maybe when I tightened up the screws it flexed the plate around the neck? http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg

Gary, that's where having a dually helps. The filler necks go into a removeable pocket attached to the left fender with 4 screws, 2 through the door hinge and 2 just through the recess.

IMGP0991.thumb.jpg.e977abfb06601c7f1340cddfebc3e4d9.jpg

Wire and socket were for the 5th wheel trailer we had. Lots of room inside those fenders.

Gary, that's where having a dually helps. The filler necks go into a removeable pocket attached to the left fender with 4 screws, 2 through the door hinge and 2 just through the recess.

Wire and socket were for the 5th wheel trailer we had. Lots of room inside those fenders.

this dually bucket is the same or similar to what every bullnose has as an adapter to the fender/bedside and at the age of these now many are weakened and often found cracked. this is why I caution about using the later 87-91 style filler neck without modifying the mounting flange. the flange is at a right angle to the filler neck on the bullnose and the next version can stress the plastic bucket and break it. no replacements that I know of beyond jy. modifying is fairly easy though with even minor skills and a simple welder.

this dually bucket is the same or similar to what every bullnose has as an adapter to the fender/bedside and at the age of these now many are weakened and often found cracked. this is why I caution about using the later 87-91 style filler neck without modifying the mounting flange. the flange is at a right angle to the filler neck on the bullnose and the next version can stress the plastic bucket and break it. no replacements that I know of beyond jy. modifying is fairly easy though with even minor skills and a simple welder.

I grabbed the plastic bucket when grabbing the metal neck. Think it was a ‘87.

The bucket mated up to my fender just fine.

IMG_0534.jpeg.c344c754329d89ffd6feab97e7ed5545.jpeg

Kurt, that looks a perfect fit. this might be a good "watch for" year part.

I’m happy with the results. Not only for the fit, but for me, I like the more modern screw/ click torque cap. While I did very much appreciate the nostalgia of the “radiator style” cap that was original.

Kurt, that looks a perfect fit. this might be a good "watch for" year part.

Yes, that does look like a good way to go. And I was sitting here wondering why I didn't do that on Big Blue since I bought Huck, the 90, for parts. But then I remembered why I called it Huck - it was a half-truck. I only got the part from the back of the cab forward. So no bed and no filler "bucket".