Bullnose Forums

How Much Vacuum Should a Good Brake Booster Hold?

Yes, they bled just fine. I suppose if they are bleeding fine, then the rubber hoses are probably still good.

I think the rear brakes were just doing nothing, they're covered in gear oil. I started replacing the wheel seals tonight.

Hoping to drive the truck out of town on friday. I need to get this braking issue solved and cut a hole in the floor and mount the transfer case shifter. And get some test driving in before leaving.

That is a possibility and hope it works out after you clean out all that mess...

I am dealing with very similar symptoms as you by the way

I still have doubts around the front center brake hose I installed. With my wife pressing the brake pedal, I tried to see how much pressure it took to bleed each leg of the system (press pedal, crack open connector, bleed out the fluid, close connector, release pedal). Up until the front center brake hose the bleed was very smooth.. after the front center brake hose it got very hard to bleed. It still bleeds but takes more pressure I can sense a potential restriction.. either from old debris from the proportioning valve or manufacturing defect internally (Sunsong is the brand not sure how good they are). I have ordered a new one from Raybestos... will see how that goes.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic