Bullnose Forums

New member with a quick question

Did you clean up where the ground goes against the radiator support? And it looks like there has been some re-painting. Is the ground still on the engine going to the cab near the windshield wiper? There's a grounding problem somewhere.

For a test run a jumper from the ground on the battery to that ground lug in the picture and see if that helps.

Yes, there is an engine to can ground and a cab to hood ground. I don’t have anything that grounds to the radiator support however…

Yes, there is an engine to can ground and a cab to hood ground. I don’t have anything that grounds to the radiator support however…

I don’t have anything that grounds to the radiator support however…

That may be the problem. Try running a jumper from the negative battery post to that lug in the picture. If that works then your fenders may not be grounded to the cab and/or the radiator support may not be grounded to the fenders.

Ford did a really poor job of grounding the Bullnose trucks, and if body work has been done the bolts that were intended to make the grounds don't. I have #2 ground wires from the cab to each fender and from the fenders to the radiator support.

I don’t have anything that grounds to the radiator support however…

That may be the problem. Try running a jumper from the negative battery post to that lug in the picture. If that works then your fenders may not be grounded to the cab and/or the radiator support may not be grounded to the fenders.

Ford did a really poor job of grounding the Bullnose trucks, and if body work has been done the bolts that were intended to make the grounds don't. I have #2 ground wires from the cab to each fender and from the fenders to the radiator support.

I added a fender to radiator support ground, but all I had on me was 16 gauge wire. It didn’t seem to make any difference. If that isn’t big enough wire I’ll have to go get something a little bigger. Also, I’ve attached a couple of photos to show y’all just how butchered this wiring really is…IMG_2517.thumb.jpeg.3fcfb5b33fac5e3dc229e05d5b1165a5.jpegIMG_2504.thumb.jpeg.ea01454208eb978f56b8268ecdd78ec0.jpeg

I added a fender to radiator support ground, but all I had on me was 16 gauge wire. It didn’t seem to make any difference. If that isn’t big enough wire I’ll have to go get something a little bigger. Also, I’ve attached a couple of photos to show y’all just how butchered this wiring really is…IMG_2517.jpegIMG_2504.jpeg

The wiring is butchered.

As for the wire, #16 should be large enough to get a difference. But did you put a jumper directly from the battery post to the ground for that light? That is really the test you should do.

IMG_2504_Rotated_Back.thumb.jpg.99a7d1309e19261f05c772de809195c9.jpg

The wiring is butchered.

As for the wire, #16 should be large enough to get a difference. But did you put a jumper directly from the battery post to the ground for that light? That is really the test you should do.

Sadly, the jumper test did not improve the blinkers function. Honestly, I went for a drive after work today, and I love driving the truck so much I’ve decided I’m going to just enjoy it and drive it with or without blinkers for the foreseeable future.

BTW, I’m in Williamston South Carolina if you want to add me to the member map!

Sadly, the jumper test did not improve the blinkers function. Honestly, I went for a drive after work today, and I love driving the truck so much I’ve decided I’m going to just enjoy it and drive it with or without blinkers for the foreseeable future.

BTW, I’m in Williamston South Carolina if you want to add me to the member map!

Sorry the jumper didn't do the trick. I'm still convinced it is a grounding problem.

Anyway, on a positive note you are now on the map.

[...] I love driving the truck so much [...]

Sir, I fully agree!

My wife and I did a 8500 miles road trip in US last summer, with Big Brother.

Some of our friends asked how we did that, without any comfort.

I swear that we never suffered, it's so cool to drive these truck.

That's what I call "driving".

If only they could drink a little less...

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Welcome to the forum!

[...] I love driving the truck so much [...]

Sir, I fully agree!

My wife and I did a 8500 miles road trip in US last summer, with Big Brother.

Some of our friends asked how we did that, without any comfort.

I swear that we never suffered, it's so cool to drive these truck.

That's what I call "driving".

If only they could drink a little less...

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Welcome to the forum!

The world just looks better when you’re observing it through the windshield of an old ford truck, doesn’t it?

My wife asks to take a ride in our truck, Nick named “black Betty”, almost every weekend! South Carolina might have some of the worst roads in America, but that old single cab with a plush bench seat rides great.

I have the “quad shock” suspension in the front, which may or may not have something to with the smooth ride. We are really looking forward to road tripping her to the mountains soon!