Bullnose Forums

Differences in trip odometers

Thanks Jeff, let me know if you find the button/spring.

As for the lens, I probably would pass on that offer.

Did a little searching last night and a couple of the various sellers of re-pop lenses say that you need to reuse your old button. Can’t seem to locate anyone selling new buttons and I doubt that Ford has a # for just the button/spring so can’t check NOS places like Green Sales.

Kurt - Here are the pics and measurements I promised. And you are welcome to this cover. It is in pretty good shape and I believe everything will polish out.

Trip_Odo_-_Cover.thumb.jpg.85b2081a6e0c06d9306fdd8be700f51b.jpg

Trip_Odo_-_Reset_Measurement.thumb.jpg.2551bb6d19670211fd72e08ae8b3ac16.jpg

Trip_Odo_Measurement_-_Full.thumb.jpg.06d5fad35d0ff913dd93d926248a4610.jpg

Kurt - Here are the pics and measurements I promised. And you are welcome to this cover. It is in pretty good shape and I believe everything will polish out.

Gary, thank you very much for the offer! I may take you up on that, but not just yet. After seeing a few pics now of how Ford designed that button/spring device and what it looks like,

my mind immediately goes to “That’s much ado about nothing” I’m an Architect, that’s what I see in things sometimes.

So, this is my current thought, for the time being. The Sniper 2300 that is newly installed has a handheld GUI. I have to have a stylus onboard to switch through all of the various screens and gauges. Gonna try to drill or melt a hole in the lens to allow the stylus to trip the trip.

I have a number of scratched lens to practice on, so no biggy if I make mistakes. Also thinking about how often I ever use the trip odo in our other vehicles. Only real reason currently in the truck is to more easily calculate MPG.

I’ll reach out to you and Jeff if I end up being burdened by needing to find where I put that darned stylus.

Gary, thank you very much for the offer! I may take you up on that, but not just yet. After seeing a few pics now of how Ford designed that button/spring device and what it looks like,

my mind immediately goes to “That’s much ado about nothing” I’m an Architect, that’s what I see in things sometimes.

So, this is my current thought, for the time being. The Sniper 2300 that is newly installed has a handheld GUI. I have to have a stylus onboard to switch through all of the various screens and gauges. Gonna try to drill or melt a hole in the lens to allow the stylus to trip the trip.

I have a number of scratched lens to practice on, so no biggy if I make mistakes. Also thinking about how often I ever use the trip odo in our other vehicles. Only real reason currently in the truck is to more easily calculate MPG.

I’ll reach out to you and Jeff if I end up being burdened by needing to find where I put that darned stylus.

you kids and your fancy gadgets:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: