Bullnose Forums

Differences in trip odometers

Not sure where to go next, so I came here (home)

I acquired a Speedo w/ trip that as best I remember came from a medium duty truck.

Posted a request for anyone that had a lens for sale for a medium duty truck and so far no action.

Why the concern for medium duty vs std duty?

My understanding has always been that a std duty trip odo has a button. Very easy to source a clear lens for those, used, NOS or re-pop. Easy peasy.

The medium duty trip odo has a lever and what I assumed would be a slot in the lens.

Can’t find one so decided to lay one of my non odo lenses on to see where I needed to cut a slot. See below, the lever wouldn’t even touch the inside of the lens. So even if I cut a slot, I still wouldn’t be able to “trip the trip”.

IMG_3151.jpeg.3e64a873185b2f123617f86dd8acf3f7.jpeg

What am I missing?

Any chance the button of the LD lens will hit that and trip it? (Sorry, couldn't not do the pun. :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Kurt I just sent you a couple pictures. feel free to post them here if you like. Gary knows I can't load pictures worth a damn.

Kurt I just sent you a couple pictures. feel free to post them here if you like. Gary knows I can't load pictures worth a damn.

IMG_3770.jpeg.9df943d9352db262fa2aed397154675c.jpeg

IMG_3769.jpeg.527ba8c72a0465bd24c53b65abc89d2f.jpeg

I guess I can see how that would work, but does anyone know if when you buy a lens, say from JBG, do you get the button and spring too? Never seen the button in the sellers images.

If not, where do I get the button?

I guess I can see how that would work, but does anyone know if when you buy a lens, say from JBG, do you get the button and spring too? Never seen the button in the sellers images.

I think you get the button, but I'm not 100% sure as I've not purchased one.

Let me see what I have tomorrow. And I'll measure where the button hits so you can compare it to what you have.

let me look through a box or two.

Thanks all

Guess I’ll give JBG a call tomorrow and see what’s included in their offering.

I just looked through the lens and cluster parts. I do not have any with trip. I have one more parts truck (not here) but I will try to remember to check it next chance. pretty sure that I have a couple more clusters in back storage too. if all else fails I'm sure creative minds can come up with a button and spring.:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

I just looked through the lens and cluster parts. I do not have any with trip. I have one more parts truck (not here) but I will try to remember to check it next chance. pretty sure that I have a couple more clusters in back storage too. if all else fails I'm sure creative minds can come up with a button and spring.:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Sorry to be late guys.

These new lens DO NOT come with the button. You have to swap your button from your old lens. If you have some...

Kurt, I bought one from JBG, when it arrived it had a light scratch on it... I informed JBG and they sent me a replacement one.

I also think I still have another old lens that might still have the button/spring on it.

I don't know where you are located, but I could send you the new "slightly scratched" lens plus the old button/spring (I have to first verify I still have it). For the price of the shipping.

Sorry to be late guys.

These new lens DO NOT come with the button. You have to swap your button from your old lens. If you have some...

Kurt, I bought one from JBG, when it arrived it had a light scratch on it... I informed JBG and they sent me a replacement one.

I also think I still have another old lens that might still have the button/spring on it.

I don't know where you are located, but I could send you the new "slightly scratched" lens plus the old button/spring (I have to first verify I still have it). For the price of the shipping.

Thanks Jeff, let me know if you find the button/spring.

As for the lens, I probably would pass on that offer.

Did a little searching last night and a couple of the various sellers of re-pop lenses say that you need to reuse your old button. Can’t seem to locate anyone selling new buttons and I doubt that Ford has a # for just the button/spring so can’t check NOS places like Green Sales.