Bullnose Forums

Crew Cab Headliner

2) how the heck do you get it out lol.

The cardboard is flexible enough to pry and it goes through an open door.

I did it.

Here are some picts I found from Big Brother’s restoration:

If your cardboard can’t be reinstalled, I’d try with a thin Coroplast board (not too thick so it will stay flexible enough).

They also produce fabric laminated boards, maybe this can do the job?

That is exactly what I did on Darth's headliner. If you can find a later set of visors, Darth's cab had the dimples for the inboard clips, just not drilled. I have a set of double visors from a 1996 Crew cab, complete with lighted mirrors.

DSCN0114_copy.thumb.jpg.e815faa9895d8f68d786ab05073715c1.jpg

DSCN0222_copy.thumb.jpg.81bdefe0588ce2a8013919fef377f1d3.jpg

DSCN0224_copy.thumb.jpg.24ad8394554915fc9ccb05b60640a4ce.jpg

First picture was before recovering the package shelf, second and third were after recovering it. I have since removed it as it vibrated in the center even without the CB radio on it.

That is exactly what I did on Darth's headliner. If you can find a later set of visors, Darth's cab had the dimples for the inboard clips, just not drilled. I have a set of double visors from a 1996 Crew cab, complete with lighted mirrors.

First picture was before recovering the package shelf, second and third were after recovering it. I have since removed it as it vibrated in the center even without the CB radio on it.

Oh man I like those double visors. A centurion ceiling console would be something need to get your hands on for these big gals.

Oh man I like those double visors. A centurion ceiling console would be something need to get your hands on for these big gals.

With the price of them, I could probably make one.

Screenshot_20240720_163829_Chrome.thumb.jpg.addcd6c36f557eba4a0a8dd951491b60.jpg

Once I removed the shelf, they fit fine, but you do need the inner support clips that were used 1987 up. Darth actually had the provision for them, the holes just weren't drilled. One thing that solved was the sag and sudden swing of the stock 1986 visors.

If someone wants the shelf, I think I still have it.

Once I removed the shelf, they fit fine, but you do need the inner support clips that were used 1987 up. Darth actually had the provision for them, the holes just weren't drilled. One thing that solved was the sag and sudden swing of the stock 1986 visors.

If someone wants the shelf, I think I still have it.

I'm not sure I understand what shelf you are referring to. I may need to run out to Blue and Gold and see if AI can find some double visors.