Bullnose Forums

Rear Fuel Tank

grumpin

Will that be a 19, 32, or 38 gallon tank? The 19 would be stock, 32 would be a Bronco, and 38 would be an aftermarket that will fit.

19, I don't want to relocate the spare. I know she's thirsty and can always use more fuel!

But I've found I'm usually ready to stop before switching tanks, on longer trips.

I'll be glad to be able to run the rear tank down!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Well, they couldn't find a sender unit for the 19 gallon rear steel tank. (I don't think there are any)

They got my old sender out and put the new pump on it, I elected to keep the new tank. Don't want to regret it later! And they called and I picked up my truck, assuming they checked it out.

Filled it up and the pump is not working. Took it back. Another service writer took care of me as the other was gone. He made the comment they couldn't check it as it had no gas in it, which I thought was odd.

New pump may be bad, or the wiring got damaged somehow I'm guessing.

At least they gave me a loaner car, makes it much easier to get back and pick it up.

Well, they couldn't find a sender unit for the 19 gallon rear steel tank. (I don't think there are any)

They got my old sender out and put the new pump on it, I elected to keep the new tank. Don't want to regret it later! And they called and I picked up my truck, assuming they checked it out.

Filled it up and the pump is not working. Took it back. Another service writer took care of me as the other was gone. He made the comment they couldn't check it as it had no gas in it, which I thought was odd.

New pump may be bad, or the wiring got damaged somehow I'm guessing.

At least they gave me a loaner car, makes it much easier to get back and pick it up.

You said "the pump is not working", but is that the sender?

The senders seem to be easily damaged. The resistance element is apparently delicate. So, maybe it didn't survive the R&R?

Pump was not pumping. Sender is working so far.

The new pump was bad. Took her for a long drive.

I'm peeling that onion!

I noticed it wasn't going to vent before it went to the shop. Today while driving it would go to vent and back to defrost when I accelerated. Been looking for a vacuum leak. Now it's staying in defrost, may have to pull the dash apart.

Might replace all the hoses in the engine compartment first.

The new pump was bad. Took her for a long drive.

I'm peeling that onion!

I noticed it wasn't going to vent before it went to the shop. Today while driving it would go to vent and back to defrost when I accelerated. Been looking for a vacuum leak. Now it's staying in defrost, may have to pull the dash apart.

Might replace all the hoses in the engine compartment first.

You are peeling the onion. :nabble_smiley_wink:

On the HVAC, it sounds like you still have a leak. But it may be a cracked plastic vacuum line going into the HVAC system. Or the vacuum reservoir itself. I would check the underhood bits out long before I'd "tear the dash apart". That's no fun. :nabble_smiley_cry:

You are peeling the onion. :nabble_smiley_wink:

On the HVAC, it sounds like you still have a leak. But it may be a cracked plastic vacuum line going into the HVAC system. Or the vacuum reservoir itself. I would check the underhood bits out long before I'd "tear the dash apart". That's no fun. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Everything under the hood looks good. I'll have to start looking into it inside some more.