Bullnose Forums

Bullnose FAQ's

Gary Lewis

Folks - I've been struggling with an "organizational" question on the website (not the forum if you understand the distinction) and need your input.

In the navigation menu I have one item called Oddities. And the only thing in there is the page on the 1982 - 84 F100 Pony, which probably should have been named Unicorn as no one seems to have seen one. Anyway, I don't like having single pages under a page, but don't want to lose the info on the Pony.

At the same time I've been trying to come up with a place to house information on the Bullnose trucks, including the year-by-year stuff I put on the Specifications page. In addition, I want to write up the evolution of the term "Bullnose" as I don't think that's been properly done anywhere - and several of us know the details.

So, what about creating another page in the navigation menu called Bullnose FAQ's and under it put the stuff I'm talking about? Like:

• Bullnose FAQ's

- Evolution of the term "Bullnose"

- Year-By-Year History

- My Little Pony

Thanks, guys. I finished the Pony part of the page, made that page visible in the nav, deleted the other pages, and set up a 301 redirect for them to the new page.

In regards to the "Yearly Differences?" tab about feedback carburetors:

According to my 1984 Ford F-Series brochure, the EEC-IV computer (and feedback carburetor) was only used on the standard 5.8L engine with the 2V carburetor.

In November of 1983, the 5.8L H.O. debuted (with the 4V carburetor and DuraSpark II ignition).

The early 1985 F-Series brochure lists the 4.9L Six, 5.0L [2V] V8 and the 5.8L [2V] V8 as having an EEC-IV computer (and feedback carburetor), with the 5.8L H.O. and the 460 as the only engines without.

Then, the 5.0 [2V] and 5.8 [2V] were both dropped in favor of the 5.0 [EFI] in November of 1984.

A LOT of changes for the Ford F-Series truck during this time...

In regards to the "Yearly Differences?" tab about feedback carburetors:

According to my 1984 Ford F-Series brochure, the EEC-IV computer (and feedback carburetor) was only used on the standard 5.8L engine with the 2V carburetor.

In November of 1983, the 5.8L H.O. debuted (with the 4V carburetor and DuraSpark II ignition).

The early 1985 F-Series brochure lists the 4.9L Six, 5.0L [2V] V8 and the 5.8L [2V] V8 as having an EEC-IV computer (and feedback carburetor), with the 5.8L H.O. and the 460 as the only engines without.

Then, the 5.0 [2V] and 5.8 [2V] were both dropped in favor of the 5.0 [EFI] in November of 1984.

A LOT of changes for the Ford F-Series truck during this time...

Thanks, Rick. Please see if you agree with the changes I made: Bullnose FAQ's.

Also, because of your meddling/upgrade (:nabble_anim_blbl:) I added a page: Electrical/Ignition Modules. I wanted to see if I could figure out the EEC-III and EEC-IV system introduction dates, but didn't really do so. :nabble_anim_confused:

Thanks, Rick. Please see if you agree with the changes I made: Bullnose FAQ's.

Also, because of your meddling/upgrade (:nabble_anim_blbl:) I added a page: Electrical/Ignition Modules. I wanted to see if I could figure out the EEC-III and EEC-IV system introduction dates, but didn't really do so. :nabble_anim_confused:

Hmmmmm? The 1984 4.9L was equipped with the feedback carburetor as well. :nabble_smiley_happy: