Bullnose Forums

Off-topic: 1986 Jeep CJ7 steering gearbox

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I don't have a core. I forgot this for your Jeep. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Today I've had a call with cardone tech support. They said, that this amount of play isn't "normal" and they can't tell me how it's possible that I've got two bad gearboxes...

BUT: they're not responsible...I have to find a solution with rockauto.com, cause rockauto.com is not a direct customer of cardone...

So, I'm as far as some weeks ago. I'll try now to get rockauto.com to refund me the money without sending back the gearbox or even without having to pay for it.

Now I only need a core for BlueTop, that's already located in the USA. Maybe I'm able to find a defective device on ebay USA for a small amount to let the seller send it to BlueTop...

Currently my CJ7 is only in my garage, cause it's not driveable...

The fun-fact is, that also the steering gearbox, that I've bought for my Buggy has play...:nabble_smiley_cry:

So it seems that I have no luck with steering gearboxes...only the BlueTop in my bronco works fine. Sure, there is also some play, but very, very slight...a borgeson shaft should eliminate this in the future.