Bullnose Forums

fuel line question 300 six cylinder

I am also ashamed to admit that I have only ran a rubber hose directly on the hard line with a worm gear clamp.... maybe a habit I acquired from the past trucks I had seen it done on.. Its on my to-do list to add a "bead" on the hard line but its difficult to do on a stainless line. I also don't want to just add a compression fitting with a barb because how is that different than the compression fitting I already have (with the worm gear clamp).

I've been "OK" with this for low pressure (<7PSI) systems.. but no way I would do that on fuel injected systems.

Obviously, there are several ways to repair or replace the fuel line from the fuel pump to the carburetor inlet, as has been discussed. Just be careful with the 300/4.9L engine [my favorite!] in that any leakage near the carburetor is directly above the exhaust manifold.

Obviously, there are several ways to repair or replace the fuel line from the fuel pump to the carburetor inlet, as has been discussed. Just be careful with the 300/4.9L engine [my favorite!] in that any leakage near the carburetor is directly above the exhaust manifold.

I have found both fuel tubes. They were bouncing around in a box. I painted both at one point. You are welcome to have it if you need it, should fit in a flat rate box.

I have found both fuel tubes. They were bouncing around in a box. I painted both at one point. You are welcome to have it if you need it, should fit in a flat rate box.

That's the Bullnose Forum spirit! Thank you, Danny!