Bullnose Forums

Replacing wiper arm

Today's commute in the dark and rain was made all the more fun by the bullet connector on my driver's side wiper arm deciding it was a good time to back out halfway...so at highway speed I was getting partial clearing. I've ordered a replacement arm already but was wondering if anyone has ever swapped the bullet connector style out for the J-hook style of connector arm and if it was as easy as I think it might be?

When I removed some wiper arms from the junkyard, it was pretty easy - pull on the retaining ring and worker the wiper arm off the splined gear. Would it be that simple with some j-hook wiper arms that are the right length? (this is what I call them...not sure correct term)

Example of J-hook: http://a.co/d/9S4PnGV

...now to remember how to figure out the whole part #.

It's that or the Dorman part!

I never worry about PNs - I just browse the local JYs for good used ones. Or shop Amazon/eBay/CL/LetGo/etc. by name & year. They were only used 4 years (on trucks - IDK about other Ford products with the same arm), but those were VERY prolific years for these trucks, so there are a lot of them out there still.